My husband and I stayed here April 7-10th. This was our first B&B/Inn experience and we loved it! I can't even begin to say enough nice things about this place and the staff. It is an old mansion built in the 1920's I want to say....It has 9 guest rooms and a restaurant. We stayed in room 7. Each room is different in size and decor and had different features. Some have fireplaces, some have large bathrooms, one has a balcony. During the day they open the doors to the empty rooms so we had a chance to peak in at quite a few. The Inn provides breakfast between 8:30-10. It is on the sunporch and is fantastic. There is an assortment of fruit, muffins, yogurt and a menu to order off of. You can get a made to order omelet, pancakes, oatmeal, eggs. The food is very delicious and fresh. They provide bicycles to ride around on, beach chairs, etc. There is a nice sitting room on the 2nd floor where they serve happy hour. You don't want to miss this!! From 4:30-6:30 is wine, cheese and veggie tray. It is a nice chance to meet the other guests and unwind. They did a great job of keeping the wine flowing.... Happy hour was def a highlight. At night the staff leaves and you have a key to the side door to get in and out. We felt like we were staying in someone's house. (a very big house) You must eat dinner here at least once. The food is fantastic!!! Spring in Cape May was very nice..the weather turned out great and the town was very quiet. We felt like we had the whole place to ourselves! I am trying to think of anything else you may want to know....the bed was very soft, big fluffy comforter. The towels were also very soft. The room was super clean and at night when they turn down your bed they leave dove chocolates. Oh -yes, on the 3rd floor is a little room with free drinks...water, soda, coffee, tea and snacks. I thought that was very nice. I highly recommend staying here....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peter Shields Inn is Cape May's most romantic bed and breakfast. Enjoy the beautiful Cape May ocean views from our porch. Experience the luxurious, high-ceilinged rooms and five-star gourmet meals in our Zagat-rated restaurant. Sumptuous, leisurely breakfasts are included with your stay as well as leisurely afternoon "wine and cheese." Additional amenities include his-and-her bicycles, beach chairs and umbrellas, plush bedding and nightly turndown, and five-star concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Peter Shields Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peter Shields Hotel Cape May
- The Peter Shields Inn Cape May, New Jersey