We stayed at this wonderful B&B from Sunday, April 14th to Tuesday Aril 16th. We arrived later that we thought we would, around 4:30 p.m. The hostess greeted us warmly and told us that she had just put the wine & snacks out. Our room was spectacular, in the front of the building with a fireplace, a huge bathroom with a shower and a slipper tub. Just outside of our room was a beautiful sitting area that overlooks the ocean. The wine & cheese bar was just outside our door! We were able to have a glass of wine and sit out on the second floor balcony and watch the dolphins play. We walked down the beach for dinner at Martini Beach (another review). Breakfast is served on the veranda and selected from a menu. Our server was pleasant, funny, and delightful. ALL THIS OFF SEASON FOR $200 PER NIGHT!
On Monday night we had reservations for dinner in the dining room. Prior to dinner we enjoyed the wine & cheese bar again in "our living room". We were joined by a pleasant couple from Massachusetts. They mentioned that the restaurant allowed BYOB. We hadn't known this, so we weren't prepared with a bottle of wine. When we went down for dinner, the hostess asked if we had wine with us. When we told her we didn't she offered the wine list, BUT, she also offered which ever wine we would like from the wine & cheese bar! We were astounded but she said they always do that for the guests. Dinner was absolutely wonderful (yet another review). They provide everything you need to enjoy your stay at the beach, beach chairs, beach towels, bicycles and helmets, etc. You simply cannot ask for more beautiful surroundings or better service. We will go back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peter Shields Inn is Cape May's most romantic bed and breakfast. Enjoy the beautiful Cape May ocean views from our porch. Experience the luxurious, high-ceilinged rooms and five-star gourmet meals in our Zagat-rated restaurant. Sumptuous, leisurely breakfasts are included with your stay as well as leisurely afternoon "wine and cheese." Additional amenities include his-and-her bicycles, beach chairs and umbrellas, plush bedding and nightly turndown, and five-star concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Peter Shields Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peter Shields Hotel Cape May
- The Peter Shields Inn Cape May, New Jersey