I love this place so much for so many different reasons. I'm going to give my honest review because that's the way I roll. We checked in and they were so hospitable. I love Jeff the owner. He's so laid back and so like your friend for years. We booked the King room number 1 for one night. I love the room. The bed and pillows were amazing. So spacious and clean and on the second floor with the public balcony facing the ocean. Breathtaking! The negatives are the room had the ceiling with a crack in it and the windows were really cloudy. The bathroom had tiles missing. We could only see the ocean by opening the windows which was cool. The public balcony could have used the housekeeping to clean the table top since it seemed to have had at least a weeks worth of salt water and dirt on it. The porch, the dinner at the restaurant were awesome. The owner was so cool. I thought the breakfast was mediocre. All in all this place is an absolute gem and I cannot wait to get back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peter Shields Inn is Cape May's most romantic bed and breakfast. Enjoy the beautiful Cape May ocean views from our porch. Experience the luxurious, high-ceilinged rooms and five-star gourmet meals in our Zagat-rated restaurant. Sumptuous, leisurely breakfasts are included with your stay as well as leisurely afternoon "wine and cheese." Additional amenities include his-and-her bicycles, beach chairs and umbrellas, plush bedding and nightly turndown, and five-star concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Peter Shields Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peter Shields Hotel Cape May
- The Peter Shields Inn Cape May, New Jersey