All reviewsquiet streetfront porchmy husband and igreat place to staytwo night stayb and bwalking distancebreakfastcapeoceananniversary
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The Luther Ogden Inn doesn't have many rooms, but that's part of the charm--the owners take care of you personally. My wife and I have stayed at the Luther Ogden Inn twice during our time in Cape May, and we've always found our time there to be relaxing and pleasant. It's not in the midst of the crowded places, yet it's close enough that we could walk to the beaches and restaurants. I love the large front porch; it's great for chatting with other guests or for simply enjoying the breeze while I read a paper--breakfast on that porch is a nice treat, too. I highly recommend this B&B to first-time visitors to Cape May because of the great tips and information Jan and her husband are willing to provide.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

Pros:
- Location nearby the shore
- Garden and patio
- Old fashion "character" living room, if you are into that

Cons:
- Rooms decoration passe' and on the cheap (for this price)
- Breakfast quality

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robikubi
innmombo, Owner at The Luther Ogden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

I am truly sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We have many, many photos on our website including a photo of each guest room and the "old fashion "character" living room, if you are into that. The inn looks exactly like the photos. You picked us.

I'm shocked that you did not enjoy breakfast. I have been winning cooking awards since 8th grade, have been featured in a Gannett newspaper publication, my recipes have appeared in several local and regional cookbooks as well as one national one, and I have won many baking contests and garnered many awards. A partial list appears on our website. While you were here, you either had Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast, Zucchini Frittatta, Raisin Bread French Toast, Ham and Cheese Strata, Apple Baked French Toast, etc. All of the entrees are always accompanied by homemade muffins, breads, or apple dumplings plus sausage or bacon, fresh fruit, orange juice, coffee, and tea. You didn't enjoy breakfast? Really????

Reviewed 5 November 2011

My husband and I decided to go to Cape May for a Christmas weekend for December of 2000. We stayed at the Luther Ogden Inn and have been going there every year since then. This year will be our 12th time there.

Jan and Mark, the innkeepers, have always been very hospitable. Their house is beautiful; it is still my favorite house out of all of the ones I've seen on the house tours. We look forward to going there every year.

Diane Zih

Room Tip: We always get the same room every year.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane Z
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I had a gift certificate from bedandbreakfast.com and decided to use it in Cape May. We had never been to a B&B before and didn't know what to expect, but we chose The Luther Ogden Inn, and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. This jewel is the only inn on the quiet street and is conveniently located close to the beach and walking mall. Jan and Mark Pask were welcoming and made us feel right at home. We stayed in Room 2 which was comfortable and clean, and we were happy to have a private bath. Jan is an excellent cook, and breakfast on both days was better than we could have gotten in many restaurants. We loved the wraparound porch for eating, drinking and relaxing, and we enjoyed spending time with the innkeepers. We have only good things to say and are already planning our next trip!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed in room #2 (king bed)and loved the ocean breezes,used the a/c only once during our 3 nite stay. Jan & Mark were great hosts and gave us so many tips on dining and sightseeing & the history of the inn. The wonderful porch was just the right spot for the delicious home cooked breakfast - Jan is a great cook! Free off street parking was an added bonus with the beach only a 2 block walk. This was a romantic & memorable 20th anniversary getaway at the Ogden Nash Inn.