All reviews quiet street front porch my husband and i great place to stay two night stay b and b walking distance breakfast cape ocean anniversary
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This is a charming and comfortable B&B. The innkeepers, Jan and Mark, are so nice, and full of great advice about activities and dinner restaurants - talking to them made me feel like I was an old friend. Jan is a wonderful cook - the breakfasts on the gorgeous front porch were yummy and imaginative, and lasted me through the day. The wraparound porch is wonderful for hanging out and enjoying the sea breeze or sipping a cocktail. The location is great, with free parking - a real plus in Cape May. The rooms are pleasant and clean, bed very comfortable - I slept better there than at home. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Gail K
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband took me to the Cape for my birthday. The innkeepers are friendly and helpful. It was clean and we had everything we needed. But I probably wouldn't stay again for the price. Hardest part was no real, good coffee available in the morning (just instant) and breakfast was not until 9. As an early riser, that alone is a negative for me. But I could see why people would be really happy with it and wish them the best!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer I
innmombo, Owner at The Luther Ogden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we enjoyed meeting you. Real brewed coffee (both regular and decaf) and tea are available each morning at 7:30. There must have some sort of a miscommunication for you not to have been aware of the coffee situation. Sorry about that.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

The Luther Ogden Inn doesn't have many rooms, but that's part of the charm--the owners take care of you personally. My wife and I have stayed at the Luther Ogden Inn twice during our time in Cape May, and we've always found our time there to be relaxing and pleasant. It's not in the midst of the crowded places, yet it's close enough that we could walk to the beaches and restaurants. I love the large front porch; it's great for chatting with other guests or for simply enjoying the breeze while I read a paper--breakfast on that porch is a nice treat, too. I highly recommend this B&B to first-time visitors to Cape May because of the great tips and information Jan and her husband are willing to provide.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Pros:
- Location nearby the shore
- Garden and patio
- Old fashion "character" living room, if you are into that

Cons:
- Rooms decoration passe' and on the cheap (for this price)
- Breakfast quality

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robikubi
innmombo, Owner at The Luther Ogden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

I am truly sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We have many, many photos on our website including a photo of each guest room and the "old fashion "character" living room, if you are into that. The inn looks exactly like the photos. You picked us.

I'm shocked that you did not enjoy breakfast. I have been winning cooking awards since 8th grade, have been featured in a Gannett newspaper publication, my recipes have appeared in several local and regional cookbooks as well as one national one, and I have won many baking contests and garnered many awards. A partial list appears on our website. While you were here, you either had Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast, Zucchini Frittatta, Raisin Bread French Toast, Ham and Cheese Strata, Apple Baked French Toast, etc. All of the entrees are always accompanied by homemade muffins, breads, or apple dumplings plus sausage or bacon, fresh fruit, orange juice, coffee, and tea. You didn't enjoy breakfast? Really????

Reviewed 5 November 2011

My husband and I decided to go to Cape May for a Christmas weekend for December of 2000. We stayed at the Luther Ogden Inn and have been going there every year since then. This year will be our 12th time there.

Jan and Mark, the innkeepers, have always been very hospitable. Their house is beautiful; it is still my favorite house out of all of the ones I've seen on the house tours. We look forward to going there every year.

Diane Zih

Room Tip: We always get the same room every year.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple