All reviews quiet street front porch my husband and i great place to stay two night stay b and b walking distance breakfast cape ocean anniversary
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I are return customers of the Luther Ogden Inn in Cape May, NJ we have been staying there every summer for years! Jan and Mark are spectacular hosts and truly make us feel like family when we are there. The house is beautiful, the rooms clean and spacious as well as equipped with AC, private bathrooms/showers and cable tv. With only 4 guestrooms it does not get loud or ever feel crowded and it's easy to enjoy Jan's awesome breakfasts on their beautiful porch with a small group! They have off street parking and beach chairs for guests which makes the one block walk to the beach even easier!! We love staying at Luther Ogden and recommend it to everyone!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Once again our stay at the Luther Ogden was great. My husband and I were there the week of 6/18/12 and this was our second visit. As always the rooms were clean and the inn is conveniently located (i.e., one block from the beach and a few short blocks from the Washington Street Mall). Jan and Mark were very friendly and gave us some helpful advice regarding local attractions. Jan is also a wonderful cook. Her blueberry french toast and quiche was fantastic. We highly recommend the Luther Ogden.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This is a charming and comfortable B&B. The innkeepers, Jan and Mark, are so nice, and full of great advice about activities and dinner restaurants - talking to them made me feel like I was an old friend. Jan is a wonderful cook - the breakfasts on the gorgeous front porch were yummy and imaginative, and lasted me through the day. The wraparound porch is wonderful for hanging out and enjoying the sea breeze or sipping a cocktail. The location is great, with free parking - a real plus in Cape May. The rooms are pleasant and clean, bed very comfortable - I slept better there than at home. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Gail K
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband took me to the Cape for my birthday. The innkeepers are friendly and helpful. It was clean and we had everything we needed. But I probably wouldn't stay again for the price. Hardest part was no real, good coffee available in the morning (just instant) and breakfast was not until 9. As an early riser, that alone is a negative for me. But I could see why people would be really happy with it and wish them the best!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer I
innmombo, Owner at The Luther Ogden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we enjoyed meeting you. Real brewed coffee (both regular and decaf) and tea are available each morning at 7:30. There must have some sort of a miscommunication for you not to have been aware of the coffee situation. Sorry about that.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

The Luther Ogden Inn doesn't have many rooms, but that's part of the charm--the owners take care of you personally. My wife and I have stayed at the Luther Ogden Inn twice during our time in Cape May, and we've always found our time there to be relaxing and pleasant. It's not in the midst of the crowded places, yet it's close enough that we could walk to the beaches and restaurants. I love the large front porch; it's great for chatting with other guests or for simply enjoying the breeze while I read a paper--breakfast on that porch is a nice treat, too. I highly recommend this B&B to first-time visitors to Cape May because of the great tips and information Jan and her husband are willing to provide.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple