“Great B&B”

The Luther Ogden Inn
Ranked #30 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Luther Ogden many times over 15 years and have always enjoyed our stay. We love the wrap around porch and the delicious breakfasts served there; the clean and comfortable rooms and the friendliness of the innkeepers. It's always fun to meet new guests, especially those visiting Cape May for the 1st time. Jan and Mark are warm and gracious hosts and will guide you with enjoying your stay in Cape May. We try to return every year and looking forward to another summer get away soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony V

Reviewed 24 April 2013

The Great
Inn is only 2 blocks from the beach and a nice walk to the shops and restaraunts in a nice neighborhood.
Innkeepers - very hospitable and helpful.

Breakfast on the nice porch - awsome ! something different every morning, different types of french toast or egg strata's with fruit, coffee, juice. Jan will accomodate your diet, gluten free, vegetarian etc...

The not great: All this explains the lesser price.
3 flights of steep steps. It's alot of steps. You can walk it inside or outside.
Musty carpet. A\C not so strong, that smelled too. No ice.

The worst was the towels were like sandpaper and smelled musty. They use a service for them and the service does not use soap and softener. I did not even smell bleach. It seemed like they washed then in very hot water. Fresh towels stunk. I felt like I was using dirty towels. Between this and the carpet you felt dirty even though the room was clean.

No counter space for toiletries at the Pedestal sink. Even though the great was great, it was a very uncomfortable stay and we could not wait to leave.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nthemermaid
innmombo, Owner at The Luther Ogden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

We're glad you enjoyed the location, our wraparound porch, and our breakfasts. As for the towel problem, you should have let me know you were not satisfied. We absolutely do not send our towels out to a service. I have no idea where you got that idea. I personally wash all linens here at the inn and certainly use soap! I would have been happy to give you another set of towels. Yes, our rooms are upstairs. You are correct.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband and I spent time in Cape May over President's weekend. Jan and Mark were wonderful hosts. Jan made a dinner reservation for us at a local restaurant which was a great convenience for us. The room was neat and clean and breakfast was delightful! We highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast for your Cape May visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My wife and I are repeat customers at the Luther Ogden Inn. This time we were there during the hottest days of the year so far. We stayed in room 2 which was very comfortable with great air conditioning. Jan and Mark are very nice hosts and easy to talk to. They are very helpfull with information regarding places to eat and things to do. We will be back again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I are return customers of the Luther Ogden Inn in Cape May, NJ we have been staying there every summer for years! Jan and Mark are spectacular hosts and truly make us feel like family when we are there. The house is beautiful, the rooms clean and spacious as well as equipped with AC, private bathrooms/showers and cable tv. With only 4 guestrooms it does not get loud or ever feel crowded and it's easy to enjoy Jan's awesome breakfasts on their beautiful porch with a small group! They have off street parking and beach chairs for guests which makes the one block walk to the beach even easier!! We love staying at Luther Ogden and recommend it to everyone!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Once again our stay at the Luther Ogden was great. My husband and I were there the week of 6/18/12 and this was our second visit. As always the rooms were clean and the inn is conveniently located (i.e., one block from the beach and a few short blocks from the Washington Street Mall). Jan and Mark were very friendly and gave us some helpful advice regarding local attractions. Jan is also a wonderful cook. Her blueberry french toast and quiche was fantastic. We highly recommend the Luther Ogden.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This is a charming and comfortable B&B. The innkeepers, Jan and Mark, are so nice, and full of great advice about activities and dinner restaurants - talking to them made me feel like I was an old friend. Jan is a wonderful cook - the breakfasts on the gorgeous front porch were yummy and imaginative, and lasted me through the day. The wraparound porch is wonderful for hanging out and enjoying the sea breeze or sipping a cocktail. The location is great, with free parking - a real plus in Cape May. The rooms are pleasant and clean, bed very comfortable - I slept better there than at home. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo