“Beautiful hotel and beautiful location!”

Sea Crest Motor Inn
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I recently took a chance booking a room at this hotel, while working in the area, after talking with Cathy at the front desk. I am absolutely not sorry! The rooms are immaculate and spacious, the location is perfect, the hotel is quiet, and the staff just tipped it over the top! Could not have stayed in a better place!

Room Tip: My room was around the pool but I don't think there could be a bad room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
seacrestinn, Front Office Manager at Sea Crest Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thanks you so much for the nice review. Glad you were happy with your stay and I hope you can return when you're on vacation.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Best stay we've had yet! Had a Motel Oceanfront room on the 4th floor. The room was spotless and our housekeeping lady was friendly and very efficient. The bed was sooo comfortable. Coffee on the balcony in the morning watching the waves. Office staff were exceptional. Going back next month for my wife's birthday.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so glad to hear that you'll be back soon. Hope you have a wonderful birthday in Cape May. Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

An excellent place to stay while in Cape May. Located in a quiet part of town with a beautiful view of the ocean from the balconies.

Beach is easily accessed across the street. Pool area is large with plenty of lounge chairs and shady locations.

Hotel is located within walking distance to Cape May's shopping mall and many restaurants.

Staff is very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Select a room with an oceanfront view. Additionally, if you enjoy having an informal breakfast and...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
seacrestinn, Front Office Manager at Sea Crest Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Hello Joe. Thank you for your positive and to the point review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My sister and I stayed here for a long weekend in August 2014. We had a room on the fourth floor with a wonderful view of the beach, lighthouse and ocean. Appreciated the welcome basket of treats in our room; a nice personal touch.
Beautiful cross breeze in the bedroom - no need for A/C and temps were in the high 80's.
Upon arrival there was a slight musty smell in the room; which after opening some windows and bringing in some air freshener was not as noticeable. Only other negative we had was lack of iron/ironing board in room.
Room was very clean, front desk was super friendly/helpful.
Pool area was immaculate.
Staying at a "mostly" kid free property was just what we were looking for and I am happy to know we have a nice, quiet place to stay in Cape May.

Room Tip: Higher floor has a great view of the lighthouse if in a pool side room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jostlrs26
seacrestinn, Front Office Manager at Sea Crest Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hello and thanks for the nice review. We have a laundry room on the property with iron and ironing boards as well as washing machines and dryers. We are thrilled you liked the view and hope you come back real soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just what we needed. Staff is very helpful, pleasant and this hotel is super clean. I wish we had discovered this place years ago. Definitely going back next year. Pool area is clean, location works for me and the view from our balcony was amazing.

• Stayed: July 2014
seacrestinn, Front Office Manager at Sea Crest Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

We wish you had discovered us years ago too. Better late than never; so we'll see you next year.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was my husband’s and my first visit to Cape May. We are picky, but not high maintenance travelers. If you are looking for a clean room in a motel that is directly across the street from the beach than this may be your place. There is plenty of parking, but you won’t need your car. It is easy to walk just about anywhere you want to go.

We stayed at the Sea Crest for three nights in August. We were in room 301 which had a King sized bed with a comfortable mattress, sliding glass doors with screens to enjoy the breeze and the excellent view, and a reasonably sized closet. I did not notice a musty smell in the room.

The staff in the front office was friendly at check-in and check-out and gladly answered any questions we had during our stay. The owners of the hotel do have a large dog, as other reviewers mentioned, but I didn’t notice it any more than I would notice any other large dog.

The motel does not provide beach tags or beach service, but there is a company on the beach across the street that rents chairs and umbrellas. We paid $24 for one umbrella and two chairs for the day plus a tip to the kid who carried it and set it up for us. We did not use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting.

On day two our room was not serviced until after 2PM and by then we were back in our room resting. We exchanged dirty towels for clean ones when the housekeeper came by without incident.

I would stay here again if I were going to be in Cape May for a short period of time. If I were going to stay for a longer period of time, I would stay in a resort with a restaurant/bar on premises, beach service, suites with multiple rooms and full kitchens.

Room Tip: 3rd floor Ocean front have excellent views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Julie, We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the thorough review and your kind words.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I asked questions as I am a first time traveler to the area. The receptionist hung up on me, couldnt be bothered answering questions and right before she hung up I asked about a pull out couch in the rooms and I swear she called me a jerk and hung up.....I think I shall never be recommending this place.......

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank OntheGoTravel2014
seacrestinn, Owner at Sea Crest Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

On behalf of the staff at the Sea Crest Inn, we would like to extend our deepest and sincere appologies. The service you described is certainly not tolerated. Please feel free to contact me to discuss the matter further.
Robert Progner