Sea Crest Inn
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$74
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$102
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$192
Heritage Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$142
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$169
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$149
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$181
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$226
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$155
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsacross the streetpool and hot tubocean viewbreezeway roommy husband and iliving roomfull kitchenwithin walking distancenice poolwe've stayedroom was spotlessfew blocksthe entire staffthe jersey shoreair conditionermany yearsmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I stayed at the Sea Crest Motor in in Capy May NJ . During the stay one afternoon it got dark and looked like it was going to rain . The hotel owner called the room and ask us to not leave the sliding door open in this storm, we agreed. He called again in 5 minutes, again we agreed. Than he called a third time . This time I assured him that I was in the room ( remember he called my room ) and it was not raining out. that we will close the door if it starts. I told him this twice . At that point he raised his voice and became threatening that he was "Comming up there ". Now I am in a room with my family for which we payed 1000 $ for three days .It was NOT raining and the owner was "Coming up there " You tell me is my family safe here . I cant lock him out he has a key . So we left early. DONT STAY AT THE SEA CREST IN CAPY MAY NJ

1  Thank hotelshore
seacrestinn, owner at Sea Crest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2009

The Safety and well being of our guests is of upmost importance to us! During a severe thunderstorm we ask our guests to do what is reasonable and rational ( meaning what they would do in their own homes)- that would be to close windows and gliding doors. In addition to causing serious damage to our newly installed hard wood floor, wind driven rain can also cause a dangerous condition for our guests. Slippery floors! The HOTELSHORE post lacked veracity. He was never threatened. Our very polite desk clerk requested 3 times that he close the gliding door. All three request were ignored. The owner then called stating that if he did not comply with the request to close the door then the police would have to be called. The owner never went up the the guests room.

Reviewed 26 July 2009

We are repeat customers for several years now and have always had a great experience. The 2-room Ocean Royal Suite has many amenities such as microwave, toaster, coffee pot, full-size stove and refrigerator and is very clean. The ocean view is fabulous! We saw dolphins several times a day. The view is worth the price. The service and staff are outstanding. The pool and grounds are very well maintained and look nice. Locations is great, towards the end of Beach Ave, so it is a little quieter, but still is near everything. The beach is across the street, and downtown is just minutes by drive. You could even walk if you wanted.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2009

2009 was our first year going to the Sea Crest. We really loved it. Our room was an efficency on the first floor. It was a huge room and plenty of space to go around. It was well worth it. For people who have teenagers, this is really not the place to go. I have a teenager of my own, he was unhappy at first, but then found things to do, so he was okay. There wasn't a single teenager to be found, so it would be a good place to relax. It's all the way at the end of town, so you'll have to walk if you want to get anywhere. But, the upside is you're in a quiet part of town that's not near arcades or mini golf and is across the street from the beach. :)

My family will be back in 2010!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We stayed at the Sea Crest Inn in Cape May, NJ for the weekend of July 17-19. I wish we could have stayed longer!

The hotel was so convenient to the beach. It is right across the street. And this part of the beach has restrooms and a snack shack, where you can get cold drinks and hot food. And it was great to just park the car and be able to walk to just about everything Cape May has to offer.

Our room, a 1 bedroom on the third floor, facing the sun deck, was very clean. Which, in my opinion, is the most important criteria in any hotel. It has a full kitchen, a living room with a kitchen table and chairs. A balcony that overlooks the sun deck, although that just faces another building. To be honest, I was sorry I didn't ask to upgrade to the beach front King room I was offered when I first booked the hotel. But the Queen size bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet!

The pool was very refreshing and extremely clean. The gazebo was charming. The spa was just the right temperature. And once again, very clean.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is more of an adult hotel, I don't believe children are allowed on the top 3 floors. Which for our 25th anniversary, is exactly what we looking for!

The next time my husband and I want to get away to Cape May, I will definitely stay at the Sea Crest again!

Reviewed 23 July 2009

I'm a stickler for a view (I don't have one at home), so if you're like me, there are rooms you won't want at this Inn. Avoid rooms with 'sun deck' view. The sun deck is a stifling unshaded cement pad with a few dying plants. That said and done--we upgraded to an ocean view--and couldn't have enjoyed our stay more in our bright, spacious ocean view room with full kitchen, sitting and dining area in addition to bedroom. The location across from the beach is perfectly situated to avoid noisy night life or you can walk over and join in if that's your thing. Loved the access to biking, kayaking, and more restaurants with good menus than we could possibly sample. Kathy, our housekeeper, saw that my husband had dropped his credit card out of his back pock, picked it up, and hurried down four flights after us to return it (and scold him!) Give that gal a raise!