Sea Crest Inn
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$171
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$132
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$419
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$249
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$260
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$227
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$253
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$189
Hotel Macomber(Cape May)
US$139
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$246
All reviewsacross the streetpool and hot tubocean viewbreezeway roommy husband and iliving roomfull kitchenwithin walking distancenice poolwe've stayedroom was spotlessfew blocksthe entire staffthe jersey shoreair conditionermany yearsmini fridge
Reviewed 13 August 2010

This was our first trip to Cape May and we loved it! The Sea Crest Inn was definitely a great hotel choice for us! It's on Beach Ave, right across from a beach access point. The hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants, shops, and the Washington Mall in the center of town. The staff was always friendly and helpful. If you're looking for a hotel with good value and great location, choose the Sea Crest!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I will keep this brief as the review that was just posted by brickdreamer was a travel companion and we have the same experience. I will say the hotel has great location and very clean that being said the rudeness and lack of customer service was just horrific. I have posted many reviews on tripadvisor and this is really the first time I have to say DONT STAY HERE!

We paid $1200.00 cash for 2 rooms for 2 nights without so much as a smile from the front desk. I did inquire about a late check out on our last day and was told I could have a noon check out for my room but they were fully committed but we were free to use the pool and stay parked until 4pm. She was the nicest one I dealt with the entire time. I did not get her name and have learned my lesson that way but again I have traveled and stayed in many many hotels motels b&b and have never had this issue.

Well we checked out by 11:30AM and were enjoying the pool with the children ..which by the way when we checked in were rudely reminded children are only allowed on the first floor. OK you told the mom that, we get it we are not children so we get it. We did not get a warm fuzzy feeling about the kids from the get go and they really should just bill themselves as an adult only hotel/motel. Also the median age there is maybe 50-60 so again maybe they should have been more upfront on that. So while enjoying the pool a woman from the front desk comes out screaming who is in room 104? When we told her we checked out of that room and handed in the keys she looked at us like what are you still doing here? Then she basically said well you gotta leave I need the parking spots. When I told her that we were told we could stay at the pool and parked till 4pm she yelled by who? I told her I did not get the womans name but she was working yesterday afternoon. She mumbled something like ..well I have been off for 3 days. Well that sound like a front office communication problem. No thanks for your business No how was your stay.

Then to make the situation worse they sent a worker out 30 minutes later to tell the mom that since we had checked out her children were no longer covered under thier insurance policy....oh please we saw right through that they wanted us gone pronto we got your money now get out. Nice huh? I have never ever been treated so rudely! Well that was the last straw were leaving already...some other guests notices this treatment and said that it was there last time they were staying as the front desk was so rude.

We love Cape May and will be back but you better believe they will never see another penny from us and I plan on posting on every travel site out that people should stay away especailly if you have children or expect any level of customer service..

It really was shocking! DO NOT STAY HERE!

7  Thank michael l
seacrestinn, Manager at Sea Crest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2010

The guest were sent a written confirmation which clearly indicated the number of people reserved for their room. They reserved a 2 room super luxury suite on the first floor, the maximum occupancy for those rooms is 3,however we did reserve the room for them even though they had 3 adults and 1 child. We made an exception so that we could accommodate their party. When they arrived to check in, they had a total of 5 people going into the suite. We keep the number of people to a minimum in our rooms so that we can maintain the quality of our accommodation. The maximum occupancy of each room is noted on our website and also on our brochures.

The guests with children never came into the office to asked for a late check out, they had friends in another room that came in the night before requesting a late check out. The friends were given a noon check out however NO ONE from the 1st floor room came into the office to inquire about anything. They assumed that because we had given their friends a late check out, they could do the same. We only allow late check outs on rooms that are not reserved for the current day. Because we only allow children 1st floor poolside those rooms stay booked through July and August. This prevents us from giving anyone on the first floor a late check out in the summer months.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

My family and I reserved 2 rooms at the Sea Crest for 2 nights on Sunday 8/8 and Monday 8/9. First I do need to let everyone know I am not a complainer, I rarely voice my opinion and keep quite. That being said I felt it my responsibility to alert everyone about the Sea Crest Hotel in Cape May, NJ.

Check in was Sunday. We arrived at the hotel very early, about 10am. This hotel does not accept credit cards so we decided to go into the office and pay for our rooms, we didn’t want to walk around with $1200.00 cash. Me and my partner were in 1 room and my Mom, Dad, Sister, and her 2 children who are 10 months and 2 years old were staying in another room. They booked a 2 room suite. They only though my parents room had 1 child not 2. They pulled out a ledger they write everything down in. This hotel does nothing in a computer. The lady at the desk told us they do not allow more than 3 heads in a suite and they already were doing us a favor by allowing a 3rd head, the 1 child. Now that we want another child here this is not something they would allow. This lady went to the back office where I assume the owner was. She came back and said we will allow it this one time and then told us to pay another $25 a night. Ok we paid it, even though they made the mistake and wrote down on paper in this 1950’s style record keeping book we only had 1 kid. I should also mention not once did anyone in the office smile, welcome us, or thank us.

The overall stay for the 2 nights was ok. Rooms very clean, quite property, and pool was well maintained. We asked the office on Monday night about a late check out for Tuesday morning. The lady advised us we could check out at 12pm and we could keep our cars parked in the lot till 4pm on Tuesday.

On Tuesday am we checked out at 11am and 11:30am, well before12pm. After we checked out in the office we were enjoyed the swimming pool as we were told we could stay till 12pm in the rooms and stay parked in the lot till 4pm the night before. Within 30 minutes some lady from the office came to the pool and yelled to us “Who is in room 104, they need to get out now”. We politely informed this lady we all have checked out already. Her response was “then why are you still here.” She also went on to tell us they needed the parking spots for the guests checking in and we needed to leave. I advised her that we were told it was fine to keep our cars in the lot till 4pm per the woman we spoke with in the office the night before. Her response was “Well I was off for the last 3 days and didn’t know this”. She then walked away. This woman was so rude, I cannot believe someone would yell at guests like this and then not even apologize!

Fast forward another 30 minutes. One of the maintenance guys walked over to my sister who had her 2 year old son with her. This guy told her that their insurance will no longer cover the children since we are now checked out of the hotel so we needed to be careful. Can you believe this one! Obviously another scare tactic to make us leave…..keep in mind at this time it is only about 1pm and we were told the night before we could use the facility till 4pm.

I was so upset I couldn’t take this. I walked into the office and told them that I have never been treated so badly by anyone I have done business with. I immediately could tell that the one woman was the owner. Finally the “woman behind the Curtin”! I looked into her eyes and told her if she didn’t want children staying at this hotel they should advertise as an adults only place. I went on to tell her this is rude, unprofessional, and I will never return. This lady never said 1 word to me, she didn’t acknowledge my complaint, she didn’t even say hi…….she stood their in total silence and just smiled.

We left the hotel pool about 2pm and in the parking lot the maintenance guy who told us their insurance didnt cover us anymore came up to us and apologized. He told us the owner made him say the lie about them not having insurance coverage for children after we checked out.

Here is another example of the horrific treatment. When I asked the maid for a box of tissues I was told she was not allowed to give me any because the owners give them 1 per room and since the maid was not on my floor she would get yelled out for coming up short. She advised I would need to go to the office for tissues. Talk about customer service!

Also I should mention we talked to other guest who have been staying here for many years and they said they are never returning. They told us they never get a thank you or a smile for all the years they have been coming. Thank you Sea Crest for making my mothers 50th Birthday and our families weekend getaway stressful and disappointing.

10  Thank brickdreamer
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We've been staying here every year for the past 4-5 years. We love the SeaCrest. It's right across from the beach, great ocean views. Nice pool and jacuzzi. Very hospitable staff. Atmosphere is calm and quiet, especially if you are a book reader like my husband. Place is kept very clean. It is in walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Beaches are beautiful also.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I called to inquire about suites for a family vacation and was put on hold three times before someone came on the line to help me. As soon as I uttered the word "children," the voice on the other line dropped thirty degrees. I was told flat out that they would not put all of us in a suite and recommended another hotel--whose suites were the same size.

Every Summer when my sister and I were kids, we spent at least a few days in Cape May. I was so excited, now that my twins are six, when my mother suggested a continuation of our family 'tradition' with a three-generation vacation . I'm so glad we found another place where they were happy to have us (where the suites are the same size and, as it turned out, the rates were better). Even if we had made reservations at the Sea Crest, we would obviously have been unwelcome.

5  Thank traveler07079
seacrestinn, Manager at Sea Crest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2010

We have a limited number of rooms that we allow children in and they do fill up fast so as a courtesy, when those rooms are full we do recommend another hotel in town. Due to our great customer service and immaculate rooms our phone lines do get very busy with people calling to inquire about the hotel, we try to get to everyone in a timely manor but at times we do have to put callers on hold. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.