We stayed at the Sea Crest for 5 nights during the Cape May Srping Birding Festival. We had a very disappointing experience overall with the hotel, especially the management. The staff at the front desk was either extremely rude and cold, or warm and helpful, depending on who was on duty. Internet service was only available while standing at the Registration counter where guests checked in. Not even a desk or table was provided for use with our laptops. The room we occupied was a "breezeway" room with an ocean view. The room was stuffy because we couldn't open any windows; therefore, we couldn't hear the ocean at all. The only toiletries offered was a small, cheap bar of soap. You could barely move in the bathroom, and there was no place to put your bathroom bag except the top of the toilet. The biggest surprise was the rude behavior of one of the staff when I picked a strawberry from the patch they grow between the sidewalk and the main street curb (in the public walkway). The staff member ran out of the building and yelled at me not to touch those strawberries. I can understand it if they were in a private garden, but they appeared to be in a very public place with no signs, and I wasn't picking a bunch, just one. We did have a coffee maker provided in the room, but breakfast was not available at the hotel or very close by. The best part of the entire experience to us were the restaurants nearby (like Godmothers and another Italian/pizza place a block further on) where you were encouraged to bring your own wine, with no corkage fees. This was our first experience with the Cape May Birding Festival, and we will definitely be staying elsewhere on future trips. There are many better options for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Crest Inn is the perfect romantic Cape May getaway for couples. The Sea Crest is owned and operated by a local couple, and located in a quiet part of Cape May overlooking one of the largest beaches on the island. Close to the shopping area, fine restaurants and historical homes.With features like ocean front suites with fully equipped kitchens, the only out door whirlpool in Cape May and extra large balconies, why stay anywhere else? Close to restaurants, nightspots, fishing, tennis, golfing, swimming,biking shopping and just steps away from the beach, you haven't experienced the Jersey Shore until you've experienced Cape May at the Sea Crest Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sea Crest Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Crest Motor Hotel Cape May
- Sea Crest Cape May
- Cape May Sea Crest
- Sea Crest Motor Inn Cape May, New Jersey