“Relaxing weekend”
Review of Mt. Vernon Motel

Mt. Vernon Motel
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I were in need of a much needed weekend getaway. The Mt. Vernon was just what we needed. Clean comfortable room with a birds eye view of the Atlantic. What beautiful land scape! Close to the Washington square and walking distance of some awesome dining experiences. Pool well taken care of. We were totally satisfied.

Room Tip: We stayed in a second floor room right off of the sun deck. Highly recommend it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 August 2013

we were five families all related with grandparents,our children,and grandchildren. we found everything at the mt vermon to be above average.there were only two things that we were not too happy about.the first was that we had to pay on arrival,the entire bill in cash .we have never had this before.also there are no eating places,and it is a long walk to find somewhere to eat. the grand parents had to drive,and pay at the meters for the time they would be there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yonkers49
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I wanted to extend our weeks vacation 1 more night. I spoke to the young lady @ the front desk and she did have one room left. We were able to park in the lot @ 10 am prior to our 2 pm check in time. We were able to use the pool and to our surprise the room was ready @ noon! The room was clean and just what we needed for 1 night. Will will be back in September for our 30th anniversary .... hope they have a room available for us.

Room Tip: There was no restaurant or fitness center .... I did not mean to comment on this.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We visit Cape May almost every year and we usually stay at the Mount Vernon. It is always very clean and nicely landscaped with beautiful flowers. The owners are very efficient and nice, always quick to respond to any issue. Pool is spotless and has more room for lounge chairs than most of the other hotels and motels in Cape May. Location perfect, right on Beach Ave with beautiful ocean views.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Nice motel.Rooms are nice and comfortable we stayed in room 3 with an efficiency kitchen.we had ants!not many but we had ants! it is off the beaten track witch is good it is nice and quiet. However we could walk to no restaurants.It was not fancy.I didn't like the fact there was no place to get a simple cup of coffee.The efficiency kitchen was super clean pool was clean but closed to early.I liked the feel of the pool not to hot not to cold.I stayed 6 nights in July 2011 . I wold stay here again cuz manegnent is nice yet only for maybe 3-4 days tops

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We've been staying there for over 20 years and never had a reason not to return! Our latest visit, the last week in August, was no exception. We love the location--beautiful beach, quiet part of town, and an easy walk to the mall. The owners meticulously maintain the building, rooms, and grounds.
We find the beds comfortable, the AC units quiet and efficient, and the bathrooms fully functional if a bit small. Everything, inside and out, is clean. The owners and staff are all very pleasant and helpful. Looking forward to our next stay there!

Room Tip: Second floor affords a great view of the ocean and the daily dolphin antics!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dolphinviewer
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I was a little unsettling that we had to pay for our three nights in cash upon check in. In my experience you pay when you check out. The website said cheery rooms. Unfortunately they were drab and outdated. There was a slight musty smell as well, however the bathroom seemed to be updated enough and the housekeeping crew did a nice job keeping the place clean. The beds were very hard the linens were stiff. We considered checking out after our second night, but when we went to the manager to discuss she was defensive and replied 'it's not my fault it rained. You signed the consent form. No refunds. '. She didn't even ask if there was a problem or if there was anything she could do to make us more comfortable. Yes it was raining but moreover I hadn't slept well for two nights. Any place that sets refund policies around ensuring they are paid is not going to ensure top customer service. I've learned my lesson. I would not recommend this hotel unless you knew what you were paying for ahead of time.

• Stayed: August 2012