“A Very Refreshing & Relaxing Seaside Stay...”
Review of John Wesley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
John Wesley Inn
Ranked #2 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at this beautiful bed & breakfast at Cape May as my husband's surprise for my birthday. I can say it was one of my best birthdays... and I didn't want to leave.

We fell in love with the location (walking distance to the beach & the town center), the cleanliness, the service and the relaxing atmosphere of John Wesley Inn. And the lovely host, Bonnie, made us feel like we were guests at her home, offering towels, beach chairs, water and coolers for our time at the beach.

The room was a nice size, very cozy and clean. And I personally fell in love with the bathroom with a skylight. I felt like I was in a spa, thanks to the beautifully smelling soaps and special bathrobes provided.

The decoration of the home makes you feel like you went back to a Victorian time. Delicious breakfast is served in a beautiful dining room, making you feel like you're just visiting a very good friend of yours:)

I would definitely go back to this place again.

Thank you Bonnie!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever had. The room was spotless and very comfortable. The little details make this a wonderful place to stay. Just spending time looking around the rooms makes for an enjoyable evening. There are so many wonderful places to visit within walking distance. This is the place to stay if your visiting Cape May

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed at the John Wesley for 3 days and enjoyed every minute! The room was very clean and cozy. The air conditioning in our room was phenomenal...so very comfortable! Every little detail right down to the chocolate kisses on the dresser added to the perfect atmosphere. The breakfasts were superb! Bonnie was a wonderful host and addressed any needs that we had. She is the best innkeeper...pure and simple. We highly recommend the John Wesley. We will be back!

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had a wonderful long weekend at the John Wesley Inn. The town is wonderful, especially if you are either empty nesters or have young children. There is not much in Cape May for teenagers. The accommodations were extremely nice and Bonnie is an excellent innkeeper intent on making your stay top notch. The Inn offered beach chairs, coolers, towels and even ice packs for your time on the beach. Very thoughtful!! Our room was very nice and comfortable although not large. The Inn is tastefully decorated with lots of personal touches throughout. Breakfasts were very nice and plenty to eat. We have never stayed at any other B&B's in Cape May, but have been to several other in the northeast. I would say this rates as one of the best. We would definitely return.

1  Thank Jackson123456
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed at the John Wesley for our anniversary recently. It was incredible! The Inn itself was gorgeous and I couldn't find anything I didn't enjoy about it. The off street parking was a nice tidbit as well. THE BEST PART - The owners' were impressively hospitable. My other half told the owners about my dietary needs so instead of a regular breakfast of cereals and such, they made us something special. There were also plain strawberries instead of chocolates in the room. It truly is the little touches that make things unforgettable. They NAILED it! I would recommend this place to anyone. I love it!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are beautiful and SUNNY!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This was our 3rd trip to the JWI....Bonnie, Lance & Cindy couldn't be friendlier & more accommodating to their guests. All are outgoing & we have some nice conversations. Bonnie is very knowledgeable regarding Cape May history. Great breakfast, ice cold ice tea in afternoon was very welcome in the 95 degree heat. Rooms are super clean & comfortable. Loved sitting on the porch at night, enjoying the evening. Excellent location- beach block, near shopping. Hope to be back sooner than later......

Room Tip: Have been in 3, 5, & 6...any are great....5 is nice cuz it looks out onto street (quiet)...one d...
Reviewed 17 July 2013

For several years, our family have been enjoying the quiet re-creation we experience with the John Wesley Inn: accommodation without pretense. I first took a chance back when my son was a young teenager and continue now with my 90+ year old Mom. She loves it here! Bonnie, Cindy, and Lance have been so delightful through the years, we consider them our dear friends. Rightfully so. Their accommodations, (value, location, home, amenities, and service) are exemplary. I'm not sure what else anyone might be searching for. If you seem hesitant, I encourage you to step out in faith ... you will not be dissatisfied. Blessings!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family