“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of John Wesley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
John Wesley Inn
Ranked #6 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

If you want to capture special memories and discovery the historic charms of Cape May, this is a perfect base of operations. Ideal B&B. Historic building. Quiet. Clean. Great breakfasts. Superb porch to beguile the hours. Close to beach, Victorian homes, and shops. Bonnie, Lance, and Cindy took good care of us last week. K and I learned a lot about the neighborhood and discovered the name of those charming roof-top ornaments (acroteria). Left edified and well fed. We look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I have lived in New Jersey since 1996 but this was our first time visiting Cape May. I had no idea the area was so beautiful, so charming, and offered so much--from beaches, to shopping, to great restaurants, and incredible wineries. And what better way to take all in Cape May than from the centrally located John Wesley Inn on Gurney Street. The Inn is a lovely Victorian B&B with six guest rooms, a carriage house, and common areas like the front porch, the dining room, the living room, and the sun room. We stayed in the third floor Mount Vernon Room, which was spacious and well-appointed. The bed and linens were so comfortable and the space as a whole was made for relaxing in style. A full breakfast with fruit, meat (bacon, sausage), and a main course (Belgian waffle, quiche, a leek frittata that was absolutely delicious). Plus plenty of coffee and juice. Another plus to this place is the parking, which many B&Bs in Cape May are lacking. While the driveway was tight, it was totally doable even for a mini-SUV. And once you park, leave your car there and walk to the beach, walk to restaurants, walk to shops. I recommend the John Wesley without hesitation for couples and will be certainly be back. Owners Bonnie and Lance and their small staff are wonderful, accommodating, and very friendly. In short, loved it!!!

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was our first time at a B&B and it was a great experience! Bonnie (the owner) is the BEST! She makes you feel welcomed with her friendly smile and hospitable nature. The breakfast was DELICIOUS! Not only is Bonnie a fabulous owner, but she can cook, too! The staff, especially Cindy, was professional, friendly,and courteous. The John Wesley Inn has it all- off-street parking, close proximity to the beach and restaurants, clean, comfortable rooms, great food, and a fantastic host! I strongly recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to visit Cape May.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My mom and I stayed at the John Wesley for a long weekend and it was such a nice place to call home while there. Lance and Bonnie are very friendly and kind. Inside and out, there is great attention to detail. The rooms are charmingly decorated and looked after well while you enjoy your breakfast. The breakfasts were delicious and Cindy and Bonnie enjoy socializing with the guests towards the end of each morning meal. Good location b/c it sits half a block from the beach and a few blocks from restaraunts and shopping. Room 1 and 2, where we stayed, have flat screen tvs, fireplaces for ambiance in the summer and of course, heat in the colder months. They provide radios and light refreshements. In the living room on the first floor there is a piano and lots of beautiful family photographs. I encourage you to check out Lance and Bonnie's home! It's lovely!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 on the second floor and my mom stayed in room 1. Both are lovely, with room 1 of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Totowa, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this charming B & B recently and I can't say enough about the wonderful hospitality extended to us by Bonnie and Lance and their staff, They went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The Inn is beautiful, extremely clean and centrally located so that everything is within walking distance - the beach, restaurants, and Washington Street mall. I look forward to our next visit to Cape May and another stay at the John Wesley. Bonnie and Lance, thanks again for everything!

staten island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this excellent Bed and Breakfast nestled in the heart of Cape May, NJ. The room was very comfortable, clean and inviting. The breakfast was delicious, gourmet and absolutely amazing! The owners Bonnie and Lance as well as Cindy(staff) were extremely friendly, hospitable and were always there when you needed something. The house was very close to the beach and town. We walked to everything which was great since we did not feel like driving all around town. I strongly recommend this B & B to all if staying in Cape May. I would definitely stay again at this establishment.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I visited Cape May for 4 days this past weekend. It was our first visit, and we chose the John Wesley Inn in the historic district. Bonnie and Lance were wonderful hosts. The decor of our suite was lovely and the entire property very well maintained. Breakfast was delicious, and you cannot beat the location. It's a half block to the beach, a couple blocks to shopping, restaurants, theatre and the spa. Can't wait to visit again and explore this lovely town. If you're looking for a place that provides a quiet atmosphere with attention to detail, I recommend the John Wesley Inn Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013