“Great Labor Day Week-end”
Review of John Wesley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
John Wesley Inn
Ranked #2 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A last-minute trip to Cape May introdued us to Bonnie and Lance at The John Wesley Inn. It is hard to find combined accommodations for three of us, but Bonnie suggested we could rent apartment B by the night if it wasn't taken for the whole week. She was very timely in keeping us posted, and we spent three nights there. It was a very comfortable two-level carriage house with a spiral stairway to the upper level. All the amenities were there and the fully stocked kitchen made it easy to prepare food in the kitchen. There is a Murphy bed on the lower level that is very comfortable as is the double bed upstairs. The location is perfect for walking all around town and Bonnie's recommendations for local restaurants were very helpful. Lance was wonderful about juggling our car around in their off-street lot. We would certainly enjoy going back to the John Wesley.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Traveling on my own, I did my research and found the John Wesley Inn. Sounded great. It was more than I could have hoped for. Bonnie and Lance made me feel so comfortable and were so kind and eager to make me feel at home. The breakfasts were excellent. Gourmet level and served on beautiful china with real silverware. My room was a wonderful place to relax, clean and comfortable. Location so convenient to the beach as well as the center of town. I highly recommend the John Wesley Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was our second visit to the John Wesley Inn, and again, it was wonderful. Breakfast is served to perfection each morning. Bonnie, the owner, is the perfect hostess. The location is great, within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and the beach only 2 blocks away.
Our room on the second floor was spacious, clean, and very Victorian! I am sure we will be back again.

Room Tip: Speak to Bonnie personally about each room, for size and location.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Always nervous trying a new B&B. This one was such a great find that I don't think I'd look any further on a future trip. Bonnie could not have been more accommodating. It was beautiful, incredibly clean and I can't say enough about the gourmet breakfasts we were served each morning. Breakfast was our favorite meal of the day! She has such a great attention to detail and there was nothing we could have wanted that wasn't offered. Being half a block to the beach did not hurt either! I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Lori H
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is our fourth year staying here. We have stayed in the inn and the carriage house and we love them both. The hospitality of Bonnie and Lance keep us coming back. The location of this inn is perfect, close to the beach and downtown. You could not hope for more.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My now fiancé and I (got engaged in Cape May) recently stayed at the John Wesley Inn and it was just what we were looking for. Bonnie and Lance couldn’t have been sweeter and our room and then entire house was absolutely beautiful, clean, cozy, quiet and perfectly stocked with whatever we needed. Bonnie and Lance have thought of everything, including having extra beach towels and chairs on site, which can save you from having to pack them yourself. Breakfast each morning was beyond our expectations (and very delicious), and we were thrilled with the afternoon tea and cookies each day. The Inn is perfectly located half a block from the beach and along the gorgeous and scenic Stockton Row district. Bike rentals are also just across the street and on the cheap side ($25 per person for three full days). For our trip, we stayed in the Mt. Vernon room, which was very spacious and the king-sized bed was perfect for resting after a long day of beach time and sightseeing. This was my first Cape May adventure and it will hold a special place in my heart because I got engaged there. I’m glad my fiancé and I found the John Wesley in as it was just perfect for an intimate three-day weekend. The other guests at the house while we were there were also very enjoyable. Everyone at our breakfast table was talkative, but if you’re on the shy side that’s fine too. Lance is also a Corvette fan and he and my fiancé (who drove a Corvette to the Inn) had lots to talk about. Wonderful stay. I can’t wait to come back and celebrate for many years to come!

Room Tip: The Mt. Vernon was a beautiful and spacious room with a comfy bed and excellent bathroom. Lots of ni...
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Our stay at the John Wesley Inn was our first experience staying at a B&B, and we absolutely loved it! Everything was very clean, our room was very cozy, and we had a super comfortable bed with a variety of pillows (and we're tough cookies to please with pillows!). Each morning we had a very filling breakfast and wonderful conversation with our fellow guests and innkeeper. The antiques reminded me of some of the items found in my great-great aunt's home many years ago. Afternoon iced tea was very refreshing after a long day on the beach, along with a handful of M&M's! Location is perfect! We parked the car in the driveway when we arrived, and didn't get back in it until we were ready to go home! Everything we wanted to do was within walking or biking distance.

Room Tip: Our room (#6) can accommodate 2 people, maximum. I believe that's the same for all of the rooms.