Inn of Cape May
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$128
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$124
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$317
Heritage Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$142
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$178
The Virginia Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$166
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$169
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$132
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$192
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$180
Travelocity
All reviewsrocking chairsacross the streetwrap around porchstep back in timebreakfast was includedon site restaurantlarge porchfourth floorair conditioninghome friesfront porchget awaybeautiful victoriannice poolmodern amenitiespark your carthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2011

On the whole, the staff wea very nice, especially in the dining room. However, the rooms were too small for 2 adults and 2 children. The bathroom had a small shower stall and if the shower door was open it would hit into the bathroom door. Also, the locks on the door did not make me feel secure.

The worst part of the experience is the pool lady. IF yoy have small children DO NOT stay a this hotel. She is mean and gossips. I do not think she likes children ) After she comes over to literally "scream " at the children (this is after the children's parents had already corrected them), she then walks around ant tells all the other guest what happend. She is just NASTY. Rumor is the Inn of Cape May and the hotel next door share the pool. The {Prison Gaurd pool lady is just ride. Dhe had nerve to tell my famyly, "I know what kind of people you are!)

Thank you for listening!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Medtar00
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My husband and I spent a few days the first week of August at the Inn of Cape May and loved it. If you are looking for a turn of the century inn with lots of character and uniqueness, this is the place for you. The inn is over 100 years old, so if you want modern furnishings, you'd probably be happier elsewhere. Our room had a private bathroom and air conditioning - something you wouldn't expect in a 100 year old place! It is located right across the street from the beach and you can sit on their porch in rocking chairs and watch the ocean. It's location is close to several restaurants and stores. Breakfast is included and they give you a wide selection of choices plus everything was delicious. The staff at both the inn and the restaurant were pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed walking around the neighborhood looking at the hugh selection of Victorian homes. We are definately going to return.

Room Tip: If money is an issue, ask the reservation desk for the small, double bed room which is half the price of the others!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My family (Wife, two daughters 12 & 9) spent two nights at the Inn of Cape May in July 2011.

Arrival: Parked in lot across the street from the hotel. Check in was ok – some issues with using a hotel gift certificate along with cash and a credit card to cover the difference. One person at the front desk didn’t know what to do. Front desk staff was not the most friendly I have encountered. No offer to assist with luggage (not that we had much) nor did I see anyone available to help.

Room: We had a two room suite on the 3rd floor just off the staircase. One room had a queen bed and the other room had two twins. The rooms were connected via a door and a large shared bathroom. There was a wicker chair and wicker dressers in each room as well as two small older TVs. Our room also had a sink. Everything in the room seemed worn and old.

Since this is a VERY old hotel, the duct work for the AC was added along the way – so if you are tall, watch your head in places.

While my kids had no problem with their beds, I couldn’t stand mine. As other reviewers have pointed out, the beds are encased in plastic which makes noise every time you move. Besides the plastic, the bed just wasn’t comfortable.

The nicest part of the suite was the bathroom. It was large, clean and had a nice shower. However the towels were industrial grade (like the kind you might take to the gym). Matter a fact; I am quite sure I saw these towels in bulk at Costco.

Pools: They share an outdoor pool with the hotel next door. It was nice enough, a bit small and can get crowded. As mentioned in another review, the pool closes at 6:30pm! That is unacceptable.

Restaurants: You receive a coupon good for $11 for breakfast at their onsite restaurant. The food was excellent. The first morning we went over our $11 allowance and weren’t charged extra. The second morning we were. We only had breakfast there, so not sure how lunch/dinner was – but the restaurant never seemed crowded for those meals.

Checkout: Again, not the friendliest staff.

Misc:

The hotel is like a museum – except you can purchase just about everything on display, which I thought was a bit tacky.

Every room in the hotel is different, so unless you know what room you specifically want (based on a recommendation or previous stay) and what kind of view, it is the luck of the draw as to what your room will look like.

There is one small elevator (one person + elevator operator). Don’t expect to use this on a regular basis. We used the stairs exclusively.

The hotel has a nice wrap around porch - Nice to sit out at night.

The hotel is right across the street from the beach which was convenient.

Closing:

I will admit I am a hotel snob. I used to travel for business frequently, and my preference is a Hyatt, Marriott, or some of the nicer Holiday Inns (especially the recently refurbished ones).

The hotel has a lot of potential if someone would buy it, close it for a year, and renovate it. For the price per night, I expected a WHOLE lot more.

There are more modern hotels in Cape May, including one or two that I believe just opened up this season. We will be checking those out next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DJEd
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I was expecting a beautiful and charming Victorian room when I stayed at the Inn of Cape May. The front desk clerk said we had the prettiest room at the Inn. So with much anticipation, we climbed the steps to our room. What we found when we opened the door was anything than beautiful. The wallpaper was drab, the furntiure was mismatched antiques, carpeting was a poor grade of industrial carpeting. Bed linens, towels and drapes looked like they were bought at a bargain outlet. The blanket was frayed.

We had a suite. The second room contained a wicked chest and chair and a FUTON? A futon, what were they thinking.

The Inn at Cape May needs to think about theguest rooms. For the price they charge I expected alot better. Front desk staff needs to lose their attitude and treat their customers with respect.

They don't need to worry, I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: looking for quiant, try a B&B
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anniversary91
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The hotel is like walking around a museum, if you like that sort of thing and can appreciate historical places and antiques, then great ! When we first walked in the hotel to check in, we immediately noticed NO AIR CONDITIONING... only the rooms are air conditioned, so walking around the hall, lobby, and hallway restrooms are ... not completely pleasant in the hot weather.

The restaurant was fantastic, the rooms were fine, bathroom clean, the beds ?? A little hard and very plasticy sounding ? Sounded like we were sleeping on plastic bags. Did they think we were bed-wetters? eh.... is there another way you guys can keep the beds sanitary besides having rubbery/plastic mattresses?

If we go back to Cape May, I would look for a more modern hotel. Also, The original elevator was so cool to see and experience.... but I took the stairs to and from my 3rd floor room as much as I could because you have to be given a ride in the elevator by an employee and with them working all day in no A/C, getting so close and personal with them in a broom-closet sized (gorgeous) elevator was a bit stinky.... literally.

one more thing, why on earth would you guys close the pool every day at 6:30 pm.?? after a full day out and about, we'd all love to take a refreshing dip !! That is ridiculous, as well as the 85 year old lifeguard woman you have watching the pool.

All in all, it was an okay experience and I would stay there again if I had to.

Room Tip: Stay here in Fall or Spring (mild weather)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family