“Truly a Victorian Experience”
Review of Inn of Cape May

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Inn of Cape May
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is my first experience with this type of stay. I'm usually a condo, cabin or motel type of person but, since it was for only one night, I wanted to try this. It certainly is different. First, I'm not used to the friendliness every time you go through the lobby. It was so sweet! Second, I'm also not used to having someone come to the elevator and operate it. I could just imagine how that felt 100 years ago. We went, two couples, each in our own rooms. Hubby and I prefer king beds; our friends, queen. The place was clean, VERY OLD and clean! Don't know where their A/C is 'cause we didn't see it. We also didn't need it. It was early in the season and the ocean breezes were beautiful. We really appreciated having a private parking lot as parking in Cape May can be a horror. We did some touring around the area but, spent most of our time shopping on Washington Street, sitting on the beach or just kicking back at the bar. When we considered having dinner, we thought that we would take a chance and go to the restaurant downstairs. What a wonderful idea! The meal was perfect and we just loved the extreme convenience of this place. Aside from our trips to the lighthouse, Sunset Beach and Wildwood, we walked to everything else and loved it!

Room Tip: Go off season. You'll love it! There's less people and no lines.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Last year we stayed at the Inn of Cape May, with out our kids. This year (we just got back from staying 3 days 2 nights with our 5 and 7 year old.
The Inn has a nice charm about it, its very old and unique. The rooms are very old you get your own bathroom too. The rooms are very basic and nothing fancy, but are extremely clean!!!! I am a very anal and particular person when it comes to accommodations of where I and my family stay!
The wrap around front porch is so relaxing with its rocking chairs. The Inn gives you a $11 per person comp for there breakfast there....The breakfast was wonderful! We did not eat lunch or dinner there. Its location couldnt be better!!! It is directly across the street from the beach and a couple of blocks from the Washington mall.
The staff there is so friendly and nice too!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank zapmomof2
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed in the hotel for two night and had a diner at the hotel. Service is good and efficient. The hotel is typical from the Victorian style but a bit two old inside. It would need some modern investments.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Loupayou
Reviewed 10 June 2012

just got back from a trip to Cape May with 37 people - we booked 19 rooms at the Inn. The staff couldn't be nicer. They were efficient, friendly and made us feel like family. The food was excellent service was great. We spent time on all three decks, lounged by the pool, strolled thru town and at every tern, the staff was there to assist us. Everyone in the group was asking when we're going to come back. The place is not a 4 star chain hotel, but a great B&B with character and charm. Thanks to Beth and the staff.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed for Memorial Day 2012 and had a wonderful time. This place was in a good location with great food and a courteous staff. This was my first trip down and i will defiantly be back.

Room Tip: The room i had was Ocean Corner perfect view ocean front with several balconys to go out and sit on.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank briwei5
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

Some people say this hotel is bad, terrible services, and just some mean workers. They are all wrong !!! The Inn of Cape May is the opposite of that. They have nice maids, waitors, and a REALLY REALLY NICE LIFEGUARD. We love this hotel and everyone in it. We come 3 times every summer for the past 4 years. I love it here. The rooms are nice. My family and I always have fun telling stories sitting on the porch at night, getting fabulous drinks, an amazing pool and kiddy pool, historical paintings and chairs, and a fancy looking restaurant that you can eat inside with windows open so theres a nice beach front breeze or an all inside part with AC. I recommend that you and your family come to this hotel on your next visit. Its magnificient!!!!!!! I cant wait for summer so I can see the Inn and my friends (the workers) cause to me, they feel like family. Summer 2012, here we come!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The majority of desk staff was grumpy. The room and its furnishings reminded me of a beach rental for young kids. Industrial gray carpeting in the room. I would not go near the futon. Obviously, the current owner does not care about the inn. The inn needs to be completely gutted and renovated.

Room Tip: I would not recommend anyone to stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends