“delightful”
Review of Inn of Cape May

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Inn of Cape May
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the Inn again this year and it was delightful. I enjoy going to Cape May to see the beautiful Victorian homes. The Inn is a quaint seaside resort from the 1890's. I turned on the fan again to cool it. It is like going back in time. Research is always helpful. Some don't like the steps. The steps back it more personal. I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: go with the flow. great balcony to view the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank michele166

Reviewed 2 November 2013

For November, the place was busy. Everyone else there we talked to had stayed there before, some many times. So its hard to see why this place isn't more highly rated. Maybe walking up to a 3rd floor room was too much, the elevator is not self service so we walked. Maybe the manual/on off TV and the cranky cable device made watching TV a challenge. The room wasn't great, but it was clean and the bed comfy, and climate control worked fine. Very convenient to town, and the beach, and free parking. Plenty of hot water for a long shower, nice porch and feeling of old times in this 100+ year old place, all good.

Room Tip: We took a land view room, not much of a view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheCFO
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Just enjoyed another lovely weekend here! Have loved The Inn of Cape May for many years now. Good to see you again Dawn we always love the conversation and hope that the spider bite heals well! We didn't get a chance to say good bye this time to you since you went home. See you next time! Thank you to everyone at the Inn of Cape May - wonderful two days as usual - breakfast was fantastic as always!!

Room Tip: First time in room 29 - loved it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill463
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Beautiful porch with lots of rocking chairs (and a few tables) and a fun place for happy hour. They are also pet friendly, which was our key reason for seeking out the Inn for dinner on a very rainy weekend. The staff was friendly and reasonably helpful. The food, however, was nothing to write home about. We'd certainly come back for drinks, but in the future we'll eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dogdaystraveler
Reviewed 11 October 2013

No phone, no alarm clock and an awesome evening on the porch. If you are looking for modern conveniences and amenities this is probably not the place for you. But, if you like antique furniture that doesn't have to match and bookshelves filled with hardback classics, you can wander in the hallways and feel like you have been transported to a more gentle time. Since parking is free we never get back in the car. The shopping is in walking distance, as is a sunset at the tip of the cape. We have dinner at Alethea's and finish our evening in the wonderful porch rockers listening to the waves crashing and the horses pulling the carriages along the avenue. In the morning we watch the sunrise and then have our breakfast at Alethea's. My husband and I have made a stay at the Inn of Cape May a tradition for visits to NJ.

Room Tip: We especially like a corner room where you can see both the ocean and the activity along the avenue.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tracey S
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a room in May. When we called to book the room, the front desk lady said we would receive dinner with the room - we called around 7:30 pm. After we checked in (around 8:15), the restaurant said they closed for the night. I went to the front desk and told her and she said, "that's ok, you can have lunch tomorrow here ....", except she didn't tell me that they HAD NO LUNCH.

The lady at the desk the next day would not resolve the issue. She told me I could have a credit towards their ridiculous shop in the lobby. NO THANKS! NOT GOING BACK THERE! AND .... FYI, the room was awful and the bed was awful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jbjoan
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed at The Inn of Cape May and was delighted with my experience and will stay there again. I loved the quaint hotel from the 1800's. I'm glad that I didn't stay at a modern motel. My room door had a dead bolt and I had my cell phone if I needed to call out. Cape May is noted for its Victorian seaside resort and not for the local motels in the area. I had a fan in the room which I turned on for the evening which made the room comfortable when I returned for the night. Cooling down the rooms is not immediate. I went with the flow and feeling of Cape May and followed what Cape May is noted for and had a delightful time. Some people only enjoy complete 21st century.

Room Tip: my room was warm when I first opened the door so I turned on the ceiling fan to cool the room down a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends