“Poor business policy for Cape May inn :(”
Review of Inn of Cape May

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Inn of Cape May
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We made a reservation for the Inn @ Cape May
On Monday 3/39/10
This day was a major storm and the State of NJ was in a State of emergency.
we could not get down there ( our roads were closed) and most major parways were FLOODED.

we asked for another day, and they never even responded, then did NOT offer another day and JUST CHARGED US and blew us off.

we are outraged and believe me would not send any future businees their way ever.
THIS IS JUST POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE.

we go to Cape May every year, we bring our family and business-so needless to say
DOWN WITH CAPE MAY
i never even want to go back to this part of NJ ever again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suzannejoe

Reviewed 27 October 2009

The Inn of Cape May was great for a 3 day mid week relaxing getaway for my wife & I. We went in May one week before Memorial Day. Although the hotel is old, we liked it. If you want a 5 star luxury hotel, this is not your place. The rooms were clean & quiet. Our room was on the top 5th floor. It was a corner room with a king size bed & had an ocean view & city view. The elevator is the oldest in Cape May & there is an elevator operator. We never waited long for the elevator & took to stairs to go down. There is a free hotel parking lot directly across the street. The hotel faces the ocean & is two blocks to Washington St Mall. We had the special off season package which included breakfast each day at Aleathea’s Restaurant in the hotel & $120 Inn Money to spend at the hotel. Breakfast is from the regular menu with a $20 allowance. We used the Inn Money for dinner at Aleathea’s Restaurant, which was the best meal we had in Cape May. This is an excellent restaurant, much better then the Congress Hall Blue Pig Tavern. Bottom line we had a great room with an ocean view, a free full breakfast each day & a free 5 star dinner.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank redalert102
Reviewed 11 September 2009

I've always loved the Inn of Cape May though I had never stayed there. Finally we booked our reservations and I felt right at home. Sure, it's OLD, it's Victorian!! Yes, it needs constant upkeep, things are in constant state of repair, but overall I found it very clean and charming - like stepping into an antique shop and into another era. I LOVE the veranda where my husband and I would sit out on the rocking chairs and relax. Breakfast in the porch dining area was wonderful and we had with out plan $50.00 Inn Bucks to spend which we used for a nice dinner. Our room was on the second floor and we had another porch down the hall where we sat out to watch the ocean during a fantastic thunderstorm. The gift shop (which looks like an antique shop) has beautiful antiques, jewelry and baubles (something for everyone except no motorcycle trinket for my husband!)
There is also a parking lot across the street for guests.

The staff of the Inn I found to be very helpful and willing to accomodate. I would definitely recommend the Inn to friends though, if you're looking for a Hyatt Regency modern marble decor this isn't the place.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Layla57
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Going to cape may all my life, even married there. always wanted to stay at this grand lady by the sea. paid 225 dollars for a sub-par room that would have disappointed even if i were at a 99 dollar super 8 on a highway. accomodations/rooms/bathrooms are outdated, decaying and not clean. i own a home built the same year as this inn, i appreciate old homes and what comes with. bathroom accomodations from the 70/80's, ripped window shades, plastic on the matresses...yuck. Bedding, figured the sheets were clean, blanket and bedspread, old outdated. I will agree with the other person who said enjoy the bar/restaurant, but stay elsewhere. The hotel alcott on grant street is wonderful, as is congress hall, the victorian (for a "budget" stay on the island), the avondale looks good (comparable rates to inn of cape may and next door). cape may has delighful b and b's in the same price range for a much higher standard....

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Very disappointed. For $350/night expected much more. Room was old and noisy. Service was avergae. Good location as it was right accross the street from the beach. I'm sure there's better value in Cape May. We had five people and needed two connecting rooms so our options were limited.

Only positive was the restaurant / outside bar. Beer drafts were only $2. Breakfast ($11 coupon / person per night is included upon check-in) was a good value.

ASK FOR AAA RATE UPON CHECK-IN. I asked when we checked out and they wouldn't give it to me. It really put a sour end to my trip and impression of this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank barob
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We traveled to the Inn for a wedding. The couple had blocked off several rooms for guests. We paid $1000.00 for a three night stay from Aug 6, 7 and 8th. We had a room with a futon and a queen bed. There was a tiny empty fridge with lots of rust on the inside. The shower was so small with very cheap towels. The exterior of the hotel was a mess. I doubt it's been painted in the past 100 years. The A/C was VERY loud. The wallpaper was peeling. There are no phones in the rooms. There is TV, but no premium channels or DVD Players. It felt like an old Motel room, but with a luxury cost. We had to walk up five flights of stairs. There is a tiny elevator that is manned by a bell-hop. We were greeted by.."What's your name?"..no hello, no welcome..we found the front staff quite rude at most times. The wait staff were much more polite in the restaurant. As for the food, we only had breakfast and I don't care for eggs, so I wasn't too adventurous and felt like the food was average at best. I would not stay here again..I would head over to Congress Hall. Don't waste your money here. The gift shop is all old antiques..little odds and ends. Not worth staying there. These antiques are not cared for at all.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelgal1023
Reviewed 31 July 2009

This is a beautiful inn, in the past. You are located steps from the beach and an easy block or two walk to shops. The pool was fun for my kids. The food at breakfast was delicious (as was the friendliness of our waitress).

The wallpaper and trim paint in our room was peeling. The bathroom needed updating. The wicker furniture has seen better days. It wasn't dirty. It just needs work.

It is really sad to see such a waste of potential.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family