“TOTALLY AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cape Kayaks

Cape Kayaks
More attraction details
Owner description: Paddle through the pristine waters of Cape May & Wildwood Crest's Salt Marsh. Explore this natural habitat with an experienced guide who will point out migrating wildlife as well as indigenous species.For the more adventurous, rent a kayak and discover the flora and fauna as you paddle at your own pace - or rent a surf kayak and have a blast at the beach.
New Brunswick NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“TOTALLY AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

The staff is great and the entire experience was well worth the affordable price. My family loved the whole establishment- we went kayaking and then sat down for some all-you-can eat crabs! It was great and really gave us a feel for the local community. Very fun and I recommend it to everyone who visits Cape May and Wildwood!!

Visited August 2011
4 Thank lauren b

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“not there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was down at meelup and i rang to make a booking at 10:08 am on the 5th of march got told they were doing something else and were rude then hung up on me. Was not pleased at all as i had a family with me. Will never have my business again and it's definitely no way to treat a customer

Visited March 2012
3 Thank bill b
Short Hills, NJ
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Very tolerant of a panicky child”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

My 8-year old started out great but as time went on she (who was in a kyack with my wife) started panicking when they got close to the shallow shore. The staff was great and very patient. They wound up attaching a rope so that one of the staff could keep the boat in the center while they all paddled.

The location of the tour in the salt marshes is also great.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank markds
Jupiter, Florida
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice Experience, Good Prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Pleasent experience with staff, good kayaks at reasonable prices. Salt marsh is not the most entralling place to paddle.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Buckeye_Ryan
Concord, New Hampshire
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“A beautiful paddle among osprey and egrets...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

We had a wonderful experience with Cape Kayaks last week. As experienced paddlers, we opted to rent kayaks independently rather than join up with one of their guided groups. They were able to offer us "sit-in" (which I prefer due to issues with my back) as well as "sit on top" kayaks. I didn't find any other rental outlet on the southern shore that offered this option. The girls that run this shop also run a take-out seafood shack at the same time. It was amazing how smoothly they were able to keep both operations going. I was amazed by their professionalism, speed and friendliness. The boat load ramp was convenient and offered easy access in and out of the boat. We were given clear directions for our route. We thoroughly enjoyed snaking through the wetlands and spying osprey and egrets nesting nearby. It was a peaceful and beautiful afternoon. In past seasons, we've rented in Stone Harbor, Avalon and Wildwood, but this was by far the best experience. There was absolutely no boat traffic, plenty to see, and an on-site boat launch. Add in that the price was reasonable and the staff was helpful, polite and friendly...and you need to look no further. Don't forget to bring sunscreen and water. We'll definitely rent from Cape Kayaks on our future trips to the Jersey shore. We may even take a GUIDED trip...we liked this establishment so much.

Visited June 2011