“Perfect place to relax!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cooper's Guest House
Ranked #32 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Berkeley Heights, NJ
“Perfect place to relax!”
Reviewed 10 March 2011

My family and I have been going to Cooper's since the early 90s. The owners, Emily and Sylvia are just wonderful. Tea is offered in the morning, if you like, and the hotel is clean and quiet when we're there every year in the Spring. It's close to the beach and the Washington Mall area. I love to sit on the porch in the afternoon and people watch. There are no TVs, but if you don't mind that, I would highly recommend it. Five Stars, in our opinion!

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Eggs59

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Utica, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Cooper's Guest House offers excellent service, clean, airy rooms that are bright and cheerful as well as a pleasant front porch where you can relax in the ocean breeze. Located a short block and a half from the ocean and just a few blocks from the shopping district, you are within walking distance to everything including wonderful restaurants. It is the perfect sea-side guest house, and you will want your stay to go on forever.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank SusaninNY
Boston, MA
Reviewed 9 September 2007

My wife and I have stayed at Cooper's on two occasions - and enjoyed every minute of our time. The accommodations are simple- you really get the beach house feel. It is quite a "throw back" to a simpler time, but this just adds to the ambiance.

If you are looking for 300 thread count sheets, elegant fixtures, or afternoon tea, you will find many better options in Cape May. But, if you want a clean room that is a short walk from the beach, promenade and mall, you can't beat Cooper's!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
7 Thank Spidey03
New Jersey
Reviewed 21 August 2007

Cape May is filled with beautiful bed and breakfasts and quaint non-chain hotels/motels, but none of them would ever be categorized as "affordable" during the summer months. It's hard to argue with the location and price of the Cooper's Guest House. Cooper's Guest House offers ultra clean, quiet, simple lodging for the best price that you will ever find in Cape May. It's a no-frills, no-fuss kind of place. The coffee is great (brewed by Emily Cooper, the owner since 1962) and the porch serves as a great place to sit and read or people watch, all while enjoying the gentle ocean breeze, since you're only two blocks away from the beach. The only amenity that could be considered as lacking is that there are no televisions in the guest rooms, but then again, if you came all the way to Cape May to watch tv, then you don't know what you're missing.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank njtx71
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 September 2005

I had never stayed at a B&B before & knowing that this guest house was a little "below" that, I was a bit leery. However, I needed a place to stay for just a Fri. nite & it was just me staying over, so I figured this would work. The little Irish woman who runs the place is very matronly. & I have to admit I felt like I had to "check in" with my grandmother! (not necessarily a bad thing! HA! Just unexpected.) I was assigned to Room 0, which meant that I had a full size bed & shared a bathroom. Again, no big deal for me. The room itself was small, but very comfortable. I was actually surprised how comfortable the bed was! Absolutely loved the 2 windows I had (it is a corner room)...I went to sleep w/both windows open & could hear the waves crashing (you're just 2 blocks from the ocean!)...& was pleasantly surprised to wake up to the same. The bathroom I shared wasn't much to brag about, but wasn't awful either. It was all clean. Clean linens were provided. Clawfoot tub with shower curtain surround. Good water pressure, which is important to me. Didn't have any of the coffee or tea that was offered the next morning, but I did LOVE sitting out on the front porch, rocking, reading, & watching the passersby. I would definitely go back again....for a 1 or 2 night stay if I have to do the small room. I should have checked out the larger rooms that have private baths. If you go, tell Mrs. Cooper that Rev. Taya said "hi"!

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2005

The owners graciously welcomed our family and made our stay a pleasant one. We rented two rooms, one for our children and one for my husband and myself. It was a special treat to step outside on a private balcony and sit together during the last night of our stay. If you like old-world charm, and simple, clean surroundings, this is the place for you. No fuss, and the environment is like spending a quiet weekend with your own family. Nice.

• Stayed August 2005