“Nothing special - too many other good restaurants to enjoy”

Cape May Fish Market
Ranked #44 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Try google maps... search for it under cape may
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had never been and we decided to try it with another couple. Wish we had gone somewhere else. The menu was pretty generic with a fairly good variety but it reminded me of a "chain" type restaurant. I wasn't super hungry and had a chicken and cheese quesadilla, which was exactly that - chicken and cheese between two tortillas. I'm used to getting salsa or other veggies incorporated into that. My husband and both of our friends had the lobster roll and weren't impressed. The service was just okay. We won't be trying this place again, unless we hear some amazing things.

1  Thank turtie91

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My friend and I were in this restaurant on Saturday October 26th. We were tempted in by the sign on the chalkboard outside advertising fish and chips. We are of English origin. The price posted was $7.99. We waited 20 minutes before flagging a waitress and asking for service. We ordered two cups of New England Chowder and I plate of the Fish and chips. The soup arrived cold and with the consistency of thick oatmeal with some awful spice, it was inedible. Then the fish arrived, 4 strips of obviously frozen fish such as you get in a supermarket and frozen readymade chips. When the check arrived, the fish was listed at $11.99. We pointed this out to the waiter who checked with the Manager and he came back and said it was written wrongly on the board and that was the price and it would be changed. On the way out we looked at the board and it was still listed at $7.99. My friend went back and asked for the Manager, who claimed he had not been told, while the young man said, "I just told you". I will be complaining to the Cape May Tourist Board.

1  Thank MarianneKiendl
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stopped at the Cape May Fish Market for lunch during a shopping trip on the Washington Street Mall. Since it was October, the restaurant was rather empty, so we had prompt, attentive service. I had the fish tacos. Made with fried white fish, veggies, and salsa served on the side. The two tacos were large and filled. My daughter had a salad topped with smoked salmon. The salad was large and she was given a very large piece of salmon. Prices were above average, but as we expected since this is a seashore resort.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went for a late lunch to the Fish Market and were told by the hostess that there were no tables inside so we would have to sit in the outdoor porch (under cover). It was cold and rainy that day so we asked another person there and she gave us a table inside the restaurant where it was much warmer. Really enjoyed the blackened scallops and stuffed shrimp! Salad lettuce was just iceberg so nothing exciting. Would eat there again.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Walking along Washington Street, we were looking for a place where we could eat outdoors since it was a beautiful, 80 degree October day. We liked the looks of Cape May Fish Market and got a table where we could watch the show go by as we chatted and enjoyed lunch. We both had the Fish Tacos, which were fried flounder, lettuce, tomatoes, etc., a decent, tasty, and rather large serving, and it came with fries and pickle. We would probably go back on a return trip.