“RUDEST OWNERS EVER!!!!”

Holly Shores Camping Resort
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was the worst experience I ever had and I didn't even camp here. The two owners, Maggy and Dave are the rudest and most disrespectful people I have come in contact with. They are liars and take people's money. Don't ever expect a refund from them even if they tell you you will get one, you will never see it. Plus they are training their staff to lie to the clients. These owners that do not deserve to be in business, they are obnoxious and if they don't want to deal with your concern they hang up on you. If you want to stay somewhere nice where you are treated right stay at Seashore Campground. Seashore is a beautiful and well maintained campground, is less expensive and they have business etiquette.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
20  Thank Samuel C

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have been comning here for the last 6 years and love the fall packages. the grounds are always clean as are the bath house. The staff is top notch and always friendly. Special hey for Carole and Maggie. The proximity to Wildwood and Cape MAy as wellas all the activities mean you are never bored. We have Holly Shores on our camping calendar every year!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were warmly greeted upon arrival in a charming office / gift shop. There are many beautiful trees and a very active pool with park guests. The spots are level and ample space to spread out. Convenient location, friendly staff, and a nice setting. This is the place to stay in Cape May!

Room Tip: The cable rental box is worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TennLV
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Campground was busy over Labor Day weekend but had no issues whatsoever. We were impressed with our site (had no one behind us while other sites looked a little jammed) and the well maintained grounds. Site had a cement pad and gravel driveway. Location was about 15 min or so with traffic to cape may beach. The cable box was easy to hook up (despite other reviews). Glad we had a shower in our travel trailer as they charge 25 cents for 4 min to shower in the bathhouse. Bathrooms overall were clean. Pool looked nice but busy although we didn't use. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank HotelInspector420
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Let me start out by giving the good points of this campground. It's nicely situated between Cape May and Wildwood, NJ. The grounds are somewhat attractive and the foliage was very nice. Much of the staff was friendly and nice but not all. Most of the sites have concrete pads, but not all. There are activities for the kids but they are not planned out very well. The wet and wild hayride was great fun! That's all I can say positive. Here are my issues with the campground/ staff/ rules:

Upon arrival we were given a map to our site. The site they put us on was hard to find and very very small. We could never have fit our camper and our truck both on the site. They were not going to move us until we said we wanted a refund and we were going home. We live fairly local so it was no problem for us to leave. After hearing that they moved us. We were given choice of two sites, told to pick the site we wanted, set up, then come to the office and let them know. After we set up, we were eating lunch and they knocked on our door saying we were 'wanted' in the office. They told us we were on the wrong site and we would have to move. After arguing we said, come look for yourself. Once they checked they realized they were wrong and they never even apologized. The woman was quite rude about it. Also, our water was on the other side of our electric hook-ups. That's just doesn't make sense, we had a hose running across our site all week. Also, we did not get a concrete hook up and we were behind the highway. However, we had nice privacy.

Problem two: The staff at the pool were horrible!!! They yelled at my daughter all week about putting her feet in the hot tub. I understand it's a rule but give me a break...her feet?! Come on! Lighten up people are on vacation. One lifeguard actually glared at me for 2 hours b/c she had to ask my daughter to take her feet out. The other guests actually commented on how miserable she was. Also, throughout the entire week people were drinking alcohol in red cups. Fine, no problem. My husband and I were as well. We are responsible adults. On the last day I was told I couldn't have a beer in a huggie. Really? All week people are partying and you pick me to harass! Needless to say we left a day early.

Some other side notes: The activities were always running a half hour late. We would rush through a meal to get there on time and the staff was never ready. This happened every time with the exception of the hayride which always left on time. Also, I witnessed the male owner yell at a little boy to "move it" referring to his bike. I felt so bad for the boy having been yelled at. I actually thought it was his grandfather. This man was lucky he didn't yell at my son, I would have let him know about it. Overall, I felt very unwelcome and the staff treated us like they were doing us a huge favor just by being there. If we didn't like the rules we could just leave...well guess what, we did. We won't be back to this campground.

Room Tip: ask for a concrete pad, not all sites have them. don't let them squeeze you on the smallest sit...
17  Thank Mary E
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Wow! Just enjoyed a great weekend at Holly Shores. Beautiful grounds, super clean. The staff is very friendly. Had a minor problem hooking up to 50 amp service, but they addressed it quickly and resolved our problem. Nice pool. Walked to Hawk Haven winery about 1/5 mile away, enjoyed a great Saturday afternoon enjoying some tasty wines listening to live music, dog & kid friendly too!
We will be back, hopefully soon.

3  Thank Judy L
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I do not like starting out with a negative because there were so many positives about the campground. We arrived last Sunday at holly shores. We were greeted at the gate by a crew member who took our information and pointed us toward our site S1. It was a nice site little small but not bad. We sat up then went to the office to finish the check in process. The girl that checked us in was polite. We were told we had to give a deposit of 10.00 dollars for the gate card which was no problem. We then were told in order to get cable tv we needed to rent a Comcast cable box. I thought that would be an easy hook up but found that it was not. The first night I could not get it too work and Comcast stated they saw no problem. The next morning I retried but had no luck so I went to the office and told them I could not get the cable to work. I was told a crew member would come over, Pedro came to the site and checked the box to find it was working. He told me it sounded like it was a problem with my line. I rechecked the cable and found that it was not screwed in all the way at the rv. I called comcast and finally got it to work. It took quote a bit of time to get this working. My second tv I decided not to rent the box and only had one tv station. The wire that hangs down to change channels did not work even after the crew said it was working. I think the campgrounds needs a better system I have been too many campgrounds and this is the first time I have ever had to have a box.
On Saturday night my wife and I were walking our dog near the office around 8:30 p.m. When we saw a person with a large dog and a smaller dog. Both dogs became very aggressive when they saw our small dog. The one dog jerked the owner and at that pointed the other dog started barking and leaching towards our direction. The person (we later learned it was the owner of the campground) yelled for us to go around the other way away from them. He was putting the dog in a car marked with holly shores on it. I don't believe that the owner should have a dog or dogs on the grounds if they are vicious or don't like other dogs. If that dog would have broken loose from the owner it would have been a bad situation. I know he might be the owner, but he should not have an animal like that at a campground with young children and other pets if you can't even go near it. I paid to be there and should have not been told to get away. The other thing that upset my wife and a friends wife was the same night around 9:00p.m. They went into the store and a lady behind the counter berated a young girl in front of customer. The lady wanted to know why the young girl had not greeted a customer with a welcome. This should never happen. I believe you take the person to the side and talk to them about the concern but you don't do it in front of your customers. What that showed me or made me thought was is it fake for them to show the welcome greeting. If you teach them right I believe they will respond appropriately.
These were the only two things that I could find wrong with the camping experience. The campground was well groomed and clean. I would revisit.

5  Thank cpl0199