“Out with the old, in with the awesome!”
Review of Ocean Club Hotel

Ocean Club Hotel
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Out with the old, in with the awesome!”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Stayed here with my wife during opening weekend at this newly renovated hotel and man, is this place impressive. I’ve been to Cape May a few times before and never really cared to spend too much time in the hotel I was staying at since there’s so much to do and see in the area but this place, I didn’t want to leave. Everything is top notch and so inviting. The rooms are new and modern, and very comfortable. The pool area is absolutely beautiful and where we spent most of our time unwinding. They had some free snacks at the bar around mid-day for everyone which was a pleasant surprise.
There was still some work going on in the hotel during my stay. It seemed like it was focused on the restaurant, which wasn’t opened unfortunately. The staff said it was supposed to open very soon. Wish I could have experienced that but I wasn’t aware that there was going to be a restaurant on the premises until we arrived. Maybe next time.
Thanks to the all the staff for making our stay a very memorable one. You guys rock

3 Thank goodlifeorbust
OCM_Management_Team, Manager at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review! We hope you visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I must say, I did not think I would enjoy myself as much as I did at the Ocean Club in Cape May. My wife and I, go down to Cape May, once a year from Allentown, PA. We were even more skeptical when our reservation was bumped up because of a delay in construction.
When we arrived, we felt we were at a 5 Star hotel in Miami, the valet boys took our car, as the bell hop hurried to grab all of our luggage and bring it up to our room. A beautiful young lady opened the door for us to get in to their beautiful lobby. I was upset to see the restaurant still under construction, and I did notice a few spots still needing to be touched up, however, as a contractor, I understand what it means to do a renovation like the one they did.

The front desk people were so warm and inviting. They offered us something to drink, while they looked us up in the computer.

We had a suite, and let me tell you something. IT WAS SWEET! The room was very nicely put together. The bed was very very very comfortable, and if you are someone who loves pillows, the bed is full of them.

I never liked going to Cape May, as much as I did this time. I go more for my wife, because it is a childhood memory of her place. I have had a hard time staying at other resorts in Cape May, because they lack the modern feel and luxury. Ocean Club, thank you for making Cape May, one of my favorite places to unwind.

The Tiki Bar (still missing it's sign as I was told), Tiki1035, was such a great place to hang out, and a lot of people not staying at Ocean Club come there to suck in the view of the ocean and drink.

Ocean Club, can not wait to come back again, and especially after you work out all the little kinks, but I am still give you an amazing review, compared to what I have seen in Cape May in the past....

kudos to Ocean Club...

6 Thank thompsonPA
OCM_Management_Team, Manager at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Thank you for your kind words! We're really happy you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you and your wife soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Enjoyed a great opening weekend at Ocean Club with 15 friends/4 families. Rooms, furniture, lobby, pool, oceanfront location and staff all fantastic. Only downside was tiny tiny bathroom, although beautifully remodeled fixtures. Also parking and beach chairs were added bonus and nice perk compared to other hotels in cape may. Almost complete renovation --restaurant opening in a few weeks, elevator, hallway and parking lot remodels probably in off season. Rest is gorgeous. Rita (one of managers) especially helpful -- helped us have a pizza party on sun deck Saturday night so we didn't have to find a restaurant that would take 15 people with lots of noisy kids)--worked out perfectly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank LandlockedNoVA
Thank you for the review, and we're so glad you all enjoyed your stay with us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed at the Ocean Club their opening weekend with my husband. The hotel is brand new and has amazing views of the ocean. The pool area was amazing, the lounge chairs are comfy and the music at the pool was serene and relaxing. Theres an outside tiki bar which is really cute, my hubby and I had drinks there during the day. Try the sangria, it's refreshing! The rooms are very chic and the beds are extremely comfy! My husband and I would sit on the porch and relax to the ocean waves crashing along the shoreline. Staff was friendly and the location is perfect. Theres was some small kinks that needed to be worked out but nothing major. The restaurant was not open yet but the space looked huge. The staff was friendly and gave us a generous voucher to the restaurant next time we come, which would be labor day weekend for us! Can't wait to go back and have another romantic weekend with the hubby!

5 Thank MamaMia60763
So happy you enjoyed yourselves! Please visit us again soon!
Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I recently visited Cape May, a destination I try to reach at least twice a summer. I was especially excited this time around because I was staying at the Ocean Club; formerly the Atlas Inn. I could not have been more pleased with my stay. The staff was courteous and helpful, a lost pasttime at some of the other hotels in town. The suite my wife and I stayed in was beautiful and the ocean view was breathtaking. I was very pleased to see the Ocean Club incorporated the Evolve system into their rooms. The environmentally friendly system that helps to conserve energy was a big plus for us. My personal favorite part of the hotel was the pool. Enjoying cocktails poolside was quite a delight. The pool itself is big and did not feel cramped at any point. You really had space to enjoy yourself. The furniture was modern and hip and gave it a real resort like feel. I will say I was a little disappointed the restaurant Sea Salt was not opened yet but management made it right by giving us a $50 voucher. All in all I was very pleased with my stay at the Ocean Club and can not wait to return. It is definitely going to be my hotel of preference whenever I am in Cape May and I strongly suggest you make it yours.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank WestchesterWanderer
We're so very glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope you visit us again soon!