“Great high end couple or family getaway at the shore!”
Review of Ocean Club Hotel

Ocean Club Hotel
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here the last weekend of June on a last minute anniversary getaway without the kids. It was amazing! Rooms are updated but a little small ( we only were there to sleep or enjoy a cocktail before dinner on the balcony). Pool is amazing and talk about great service by the pool boy and waitresses! They didn't want you to go without anything- towels, chairs, drinks, food... You name it they are there to serve you. They also have bands that play on Sundays by the pool, great entertainment! We ate breakfast at the restaurant there, Sea Salt and it was great food and a great view. My husband and I will definitely be back and probably will bring the kids. The pool is nice for them because there's a section where it's only a foot deep. Another bonus is the chairs and towels on the beach! One less thing for you to haul along on your trip for more laundry, etc. they did charge $10 for the umbrellas on the beach and they also had coffee and muffins on the beach. If you can look beyond the smaller room and slow elevator check this place out. I definitely recommend this place for a couple or family getaway. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The rooms that are ocean view are smaller but I think they're more private.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren M

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I went on this trip with my family. The hotel was modern, clean and the staff was welcoming. The rooms were luxurious. The beach was right across from the hotel & beach staff set up beach chairs & towels for us. The pool was heated and huge, also across from the beach. All of the days we went to the beach first and then, after a quick walk across the street, we swam in the pool. There is a Tiki bar at the pool and at both the pool and the beach there were waitresses wandering about constantly, seeing if there is any food or beverage you need. we ate at the pool nearly everyday. Sadly, my family and I didn't get to eat at the Ocean Club's restaurant Sea Salt, but you definitely should. Although,even though we had the Junior Suite, the bathroom was very small, but as we were checking out we asked one of the staff members if there was any room that had a bigger bathroom and she explained kindly. I believe if you are doubting this hotel because of a small bathroom, that you should completely overlook that flaw. This modern hotel with the friendly staff that is always willing to go above and beyond your needs, is right in the center of Cape May (perfect location) and is just the right hotel for you and your family!

Room Tip: Some of the handicap rooms have bigger bathrooms.
2  Thank KileyyB
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We just returned from a 10-day stay at the Ocean Club Hotel. It was such a fantastic vacation, we've been saying, "What happens in Cape May stays in Cape May!" Everything about the hotel was top notch. The staff is superbly efficient, accommodating, and so well-trained. We loved the full service at the beach which included chaises, towels, umbrellas (for a small fee) and an optional light menu featuring iced coffee, ceviche, quesadillas, hummus, cheese trays, fruit plates, etc. The food was prepared at Sea Salt, the hotel's restaurant, and was always fresh and delicious (the staff runs back to get it -- the food doesn't sit in coolers on the beach). The waiter at the beach was excellent, kind, and hospitable. We equally enjoyed the poolside tiki bar with awesome service, as well. The man in charge of the pool and towels was outstanding -- making sure that guests were equipped with chaises and fresh towels upon arrival. He also accommodated those who wanted chaises in the sun or shade, doing his best to service everyone's needs. On Sundays, the tiki bar hosted a steel drum player. For a moment, we thought we were back in Waikiki! The rooms were beautifully renovated including beds that were the most comfortable we've ever experienced in a hotel. The staff at the front desk, those who cleaned the rooms and hallways, and those who worked at the Sea Salt restaurant were all outstanding, as well.

We want to thank our favorite servers: Justin (awesome service at the beach), Nile and Milan (in charge of chaises and towels on the beach), Bob (the best bartender), John (head of pool service), Plumena (the most excellent waitress who remembered our favorite drinks each day) and Liz (who never hesitated to assist in serving us a great bottle of wine on the veranda)! You all contributed to making our stay a fantastic and memorable one!

We walked to many shops and restaurants most days and evenings, and on others we decided to drive. We vacationed in Cape May during the two busiest weeks of the season, with Friday being the 4th of July and the following Monday the official holiday. I felt as though the staff at Ocean Club handled the crowd exceptionally well, still managing to make us feel special. We enjoyed the complimentary BBQ on the 4th and the awesome view from our balcony and the veranda on many evenings. We left feeling rested, relaxed, and spoiled! We will undoubtedly return to Ocean Club...perhaps even later this summer!

Room Tip: We liked the room with two queen beds better than the king room with a pull-out, even though the lat...
1  Thank Jbswrite
Reviewed 14 July 2014

When you think of Cape May - this hotel is not what you thinking of. This trendy lil hotel is Cape May's best attempt at upscale and they charge you for it. My room was an ocean view suite on the 4th floor, the view was unbeatable. My balcony over looked the ocean and the pool. If you want a pool chair get down their early - or tip your pool boy to hold one for you. The bartenders were great - when I requested my favorite vacation drink (banana monkey they were willing to make it if I could supply the bananas) - I had to go on a bit of a hike for them b/c Sea Salt wanted to charge me $4 per banana. INSANE. Besides that - good location and comfortable stay. However, it's no Ritz but the prices are. Some of the front desk people are cold and mechanical - front desk hospitality classes could help that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MissInternational080
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Only reason I'm giving a very good rating and not excellent is because of the price of the rooms.
But our stay on July 6-7 was wonderful. We had some problems with our reservation but they took care of the problem and treated us wonderful. Yes the bathroom is small but I didn't come here for that. The view was great. The hotel was quiet for all the people and kids that were there. Would stay again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a 6 night stay. I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. The staff was all top notch, the room was perfect, the halls are now air conditioned which was a nice surprise, and the pool was immaculate! We'll be back next summer for sure.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Steven G
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Ocean Club with 2 children. The staff here is unfriendly and not very welcoming....

Rooms - Disappointing - the rooms are clean and updated with new furniture and plush beds but pretty small. The bathrooms are extremely small, you can only fit 1 person at a time in the bathroom. Considering the amount of money per night would have thought they would be a little bigger.

Pool - the pool is heated to a nice temperature. The "pool guy" works hard, he's on top of who is leaving and coming and helps get you your seat with you arrive but he is not a nice person. Kind of rude... When we arrived he began to put the cushions on my chair so I tried to help him and was repremanded for doing so, some advice let him do it all and kick back and relax b/c you might get in trouble haha... Also, he does not like if you ask for fresh towels... my kids kept having their towels get wet so wanted new ones and it was obvious he was not happy to distribute new one. He did but not with a smile!

The hotel restaurant - the food is really good. We ate here for breakfast each day and lunch at the pool. the servings at the pool are small but the food is fresh and good.

We were at the hotel for July 4th and the hotel did set up a really nice complimentary BBQ on the deck. They provided free hamburgers, hotdogs, salads, etc.... so all guests could watch the fireworks which was really nice. They also gave out 4th of July party accessories necklaces, flags, etc.. Great idea and nice...

Overall I am disappointed with my stay, the hotel is a little far of a walk to Washington St. If it wasn't for the pool there would be no reason to stay here....

I think next year I'll try Congress Hall.....

Room Tip: The following rooms have TERRIBLE views... 216,316,416... They are on the side of the hotel facing...
4  Thank Newyorktravelermc