“Great experience...well worth the price.”
Review of Ocean Club Hotel

and 1 more site!
Ocean Club Hotel
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Let me first start by saying that Cape May is expensive. Please keep in mind that this is one of the premier beach areas on the East Coast which makes the land costs in Cape May very high. Take a peak at some of the realty ads to see how high! The Ocean Club Hotel delivers in many ways. Every person we met on the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The restaurant was outstanding. The bar and beach food were outstanding. Try the homemade potatoe chips on the beach with sliders for a real treat. The beach service was fantastic. Those gentlemen really worked hard from morning until they closed for the evening. We were blessed with great weather, so we were able to take advantage of the beach and pool during our entire stay. We also enjoyed sitting on the balcony each morning and evening watching all the activity. While this resort was originally built years ago, it is evident that the owners have done am amazing job of upgrading the property. The only areas that need work, is the parking lot in back as well as the cement walks that are enclosed in glass. Plants in pots would go a long way to making these spaces more inviting. Having said that, these were minor issues when compared to how well this hotel delivers a first rate vacation.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor and featured a wet bar and ocean front/pool views. It was very comf...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nashna

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I just came back from a three-day stay at Ocean Club Hotel where we had a terrific time being taken care by an extremely friendly, courteous and efficient staff. Special mention goes to a young lady server by the name "Plumena" who took care of us at the Sea Salt restaurant and at the pool, where she worked with extraordinary energy and enthusiasm and always with a smile. She was joy to behold. The bartender and other pool staff were also very friendly and helpful, helping to make our stay very pleasurable. The concierge, Russ, was extremely gracious and accommodating. On our next visit though we will opt for a suite with an ocean view, where we understood the rooms are much bigger than our side ocean view. The bathroom could have been bigger in our room, but the room itself was spotlessly clean and the A/C worked great. The hotel location couldn't better. We look forward to coming back next year.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are much better and worth the additional cost.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was our first time staying at the Ocean Club, we are frequent Cape May visitors and usually stay at other hotels in the area but decided to try it our for a couple of nights. We stayed on the 6th floor in an ocean view suite and we absolutely loved the room. The staff are overwhelmingly attentive and personable. The front desk girl with the blonde hair, Maria, was kind enough to even bring us a bottle opener at 11:30 at night! That is true hospitality. I will be recommending this property to my friends and family and my husband and I are looking forward to coming back later in the summer!

Room Tip: The suites are very worth the extra cost, and you can't beat the ocean view!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights; we have never been to Cape May before. We enjoyed our experience at this hotel. Our room was really nice, clean and comfortable. The bathroom is on the small side, but that did not ruin our experience. We reserved the "Suite with One King and Sofa Bed - Full Ocean View." The bedroom was small (but cozy) so I was happy to have the extra living room.

The pool was really nice and clean. The pool staff was very attentive and we were pleased with the service as well as the food. I also enjoyed the towels that are provided for the pool. The pool guy seemed to have a bit of an attitude but was nice to us. We ordered the chicken quesadilla which was delicious and the waitresses were nice and speedy.

We ate breakfast at Sea Salt on our last morning and we had a good experience, food was good.

I will say that although we liked the room, we were pretty disappointed with the location of it. It was "full ocean view" but it was only on the second floor directly above the tiki bar. We couldn't see as much of the ocean as I wanted to, we couldn't even see the shore line - only the ocean in the distance. I really would've preferred to be on a higher floor but when we asked if there was anything else available they said no. Anyone sitting at the bar or the pool could see right into our room. I feel that this hotel is really expensive so to not be happy with the view was really disappointing. Overall a good experience and I would consider it again as an option if I ever returned to Cape May.

4  Thank Jebd14
Reviewed 2 August 2014

From check in, a spectacular view from our modern and well appointed fourth floor ocean side balconied room to check out, our brief vacation was enhanced by a very spacious room, two person soaking tub and king sized bed with a phenomenal mattress. The staff works hard to keep things clean. The pool was nicely sized and well maintained. Poolside service was nice, with a friendly staff. The adjoining restaurant, The Sea Salt, had great food and live bands.

Ross, our concierge, was spot on: efficient, knowledgable and helpful. This is our first time at the Ocean Club though not our first time in beautiful Cape May. To paraphrase the Terminator, "We'll be back".

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank WilhelmCF
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have been vacationing with my husband and two daughters each year here since Ocean Club first opened in 2010-2011 and its time for me to say "Thank you". When I made our reservation this year (2014) with Dee and Rita, they were very accommodating for us even though I had called late in the season - Thank you!!!!!. The staff was more than happy to let me know that we can utilize their facility before check in - Thank you!!! This gave us time to enjoy the beach and pool before check in. Down at the beach, the attendant was very nice and he offered us complimentary towels and beach lounge chairs but to rent the umbrella cost $10. The pool is amazing with having a kiddie end that is 1 ft with a rope separating the deep end which is only 6 ft was perfect for us. During check in, the young lady offered complementary beach buckets w/ shovels for my girls - Thank you!!!. Ocean Club does not charge for parking and there's plenty of parking in the lot. Our room was spacious, well organized and very, very clean. Housekeeping does a great job!!!! All the staff seemed very happy and were courteous and helpful with a smile. The poolside server was very nice and she apologized for being tied up with another guest. The french fries and virgin strawberry daiqiuries hit the spot. At night and in between our outings, we enjoyed just sitting on the balcony listening to the music and hearing the ocean waves. At check out, the manager Russ asked "how was your stay?" I told him that this was one of the BEST hotels. As I went on about our stay, another gentleman by the name of Bob was very happy to hear about our stay. It was very nice to meet the 2 gentleman. I want to say Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you Ocean Club for all that you do to make our stay there a safe and fun vacation. The Richmond Family

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tammy R
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As an avid traveler, London, Paris, all over Florida, Miami, the Keys, Vegas, Cali, the Caribbean x 6, NYC, Canada, Niagara Falls, AC, cruises, etc--felt this place exceeded our expectations. It took the "stuffiness" out of the typical Cape May experience. The rooms were immaculate, the bathroom was a tad small, but it is a refurbished hotel. If you're spending too much time in your room, too bad for you!! The pool and the tiki vibe are fabulous. The pool is immaculate, the pool assistant, John was on point. The wait staff and the beach side service was top-notch. The proximity, right across from the beach is perfect. I have stayed at other places in Cape May--and someone mentioned a bartender was rude..? Let me tell you, I did not encounter one ounce of snobbery as can be encountered in Cape May. We went for our 10th Anniversary and my fiance's birthday. Highly recommend. I didn't even mention the food--fabulous!!!. Would def. return!!

2  Thank Aries24