“Really bad.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
“Really bad.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My family and I went to the Beach House for lunch today. I ordered drinks - ice tea, ice water, and two milks for our kids. They did not have plain milk, only chocolate. The kids were thrilled. They brought me bottled water because they were "doing construction and did not trust the filtration system". Wow. This made me not want to drink my ice tea, as I'm thinking the ice was probably not from bottled water. Yuck! We waited over a half hour for 2 turkey clubs, a grilled cheese and chicken fingers. There were only two other tables there at the same time and when they were served before us, we decided to leave money for our drinks and go. The server saw us on the way out so we told her that we were leaving. She said, "but your food is ready...it's sitting in the kitchen." She was heading in the opposite direction of the kitchen. And here's the kicker, the sugar packets on the table were from 7-11. They had the logo on them. The view is beautiful but the service is awful. Can't speak of the food because it was sitting in the kitchen.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Amc133

West Bloomfield, MI
“Do not believe bad reviews! This place is great!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Service and view were awesome. I had the best shrimp imaginable in my Caesar salad, freshlly delivered from the boat today! The home made dressing was delicious. Husband had Cobb salad and said it was fantastic. This is a BYOB place so the cost of our meal was more than reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
“Great location, Terrible food!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our dinner started out really well, our server suggested the crab chowder soup and it was well seasoned with lots of shredded crab. That was the last and only good part of the meal. We ordered the crab cake sandwich and fish and chips...at least that's what we thought. Unlike the soup not much crab, mostly filler (breadcrumbs,etc.) and small (the roll enveloped it). The fish and chips were paper thin and overly breaded, overly fried with the texture of hardtack. The fries were just as thin with the same texture. The one star is for the crab chowder. All this for $49 and change plus tip. Don't waste your money!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank bjf163
Flemington, New Jersey
“Empty for a reason”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Will echo the previous review. Great location and service. Food was terrible, overcooked pasta and vegetables, choewy seafood, stale bread. It was empty when we stop by for dinner on fri evening, now we know why.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank natah
Central New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two Thumbs Down”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Great location and friendly service....that's it.

There were about three tables full out of many, and as such, our meal took a long time to come out. When it did, my food was warm. We sat outside on the deck where it was unusually dark (some more lighting, please) and I'm pretty sure my salmon wasn't cooked all the way...it was hard to tell without proper lighting. I'm pretty well-known amongst my friends as being able to eat almost ANYTHING, but I wasn't able to eat all my salmon. I left half of my meal on the plate.

My husband enjoyed his scallops, and my kids liked their burger and chicken fingers. It was mostly me who was dissatisfied with the meal.

Visited August 2013