“Nice play to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Concord, New Hampshire
“Nice play to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed here twice in the off season and have been pleased with both experiences. The Camelot is a good location, clean, with friendly staff and reasonable rates. For those travelers who are used to the big chain motels, you may find the decor a little dated but I found everything clean and well taken care of. Stayed in one of the ocean view rooms on the 4th floor with kitchenette - both the kitchenette and bathroom appeared to be recently renovated. Had a minor maintenance issue that was taken care of promptly. Check in was quick and the staff friendly. The motel is a quick walk to the shopping area and all those beautiful Victorian homes. The beach and promenade are just steps away. Or take time to enjoy your morning coffee whilst viewing the ocean from the chairs outside your room (since motel is located back from Beach Dr., you do have to view the ocean beyond the light poles of the miniature golf course located in front of motel but hey it's a big ocean so it's easy to see). I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends. So, make a reservation and enjoy wonderful Cape May.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine_3073

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My girlfriend and I went there for a get away weekend. The place was great. When I reserved the room and said what room I wanted, they asked if I wanted an ocean view and that it would be a different room on a higher floor. It worked out great! We were on the 3rd floor with a great view of the ocean. The room was clean and spacious compared to what I was expecting. A Great Trip!!

Room Tip: The higher floors have a great view of the ocean, although they may not be the room you are looking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I highly recommend The Camelot Motel. We stayed only one night , last week, and we already feel like family. Immaculate, wonderful location, fabulous ocean views. I will not stay anywhere else
in Cape May after staying here. We wouldn't change a thing. Sherry was so accommodating
and her love for the Camelot shows by her friendly, casual demeanor. I always used to pass
this property when in Cape May staying in a B & B, and always commented on how well maintained it is and I am so glad that we gave it a try. I have already recommended it to
my sons and will continue to spread the word, because this property deserves 5 star rating, the first I've ever given.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PINKY49
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Judi, my wife and I went to the Camelot Hotel for our honeymoon. This was 18 years ago and we both hated it so much we have been going back every Memorial Day weekend and occasionally when we go to the Sherlock Holmes weekend. That 1st weekend was very monumental, it was a honeymoon but when we got home I was going to be operated on for lung cancer.
The hotel itself is not fancy, it is immaculate, it is comfortable and for 5 days a year it is home. As the years progressed so did the luxuries, a microwave, 2 TV's, not one, a clock in the bedroom, a cute little fridge, and all the soap and towels you need. The beds are great, nice and hard for us and the rooms are breezy and inviting. Like I said we hate it every year and every time before we leave w make a reservation for the next year.
Now, let me talk about the people that run it. They are no longer the innkeepers, they are friends. The minute you check in they make you feel like family. Ask for anything and it is done. Just to give you a small idea of what I mean, we were going on a trolley ride and tour and the books that have the coupons to save a little bit of money were all gone. They got the additional coupons for us and then the son rode his bike all over the own to make sure we got them. Did he need to do this, of course not, but he did.
So, if you want a place to go and you will hate year after year after year it is the Camelot Motel in Cape May NJ., your home for a few days a year.

7 Thank Brett S
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel was great find and with a terrific view. Just 300 feet from the main street and the ocean the Camelot was a great find. No loud traffic and a more calm clientele made our stay very relaxing. Nice clean rooms and a great kitchenette well equipped. A clean pool and easy access to all the happening areas of cape may. We had a large group stay at this location and all seemed very pleased with out accommodations. Would definately stay there again.

1 Thank popsnow71
Rockaway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband, mother in law and I stayed at this hotel this weekend for one night. It was the only place that was willing to rent us one night over a weekend and we tried everywhere. We really appreciate that!! It is a typical Cape May motel and is clean with a very friendly and helpful staff. The rate was good and we stayed in a one bedroom efficiency on the 4th floor. My mother in law doesn't get around so well, so we were much appreciative that we could have a view thanks to the elevator. The free WiFi worked in the sitting area and out on the balcony, but not in the bedroom. Beds were pretty firm but fine for us. The pool looked inviting but it was too chilly to use it. The parking is all onsite which is very helpful. My only complaint is the same with ALL motels down there...what's with the one teeny bar of soap per room?? I'm sure they would have given us more if we asked but I think one teeny bar per person would be better. Although I prefer to stay in a hotel that is closer to the beach for a better view of the ocean, the Camelot is a nice little place and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if the need arose.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Westampton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

10 members of our car club just stayed here after a long drive through the Pine Barrens. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very clean, including a fridge, coffee maker, microwave and cooktop. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We'll definitely given them a call when we repeat the rally next year. The view of the ocean was excellent. Proximity to restaurants, shopping and local nightlife was perfect. Of course, being a car club, we definitely appreciated the off-street parking.