“Best place to stay in Cape May”
Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
“Best place to stay in Cape May”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here numerous times over the past 5 years and plan on staying summer after summer. Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfy beds, and at such an affordable price! The pool and grills are rarely crowded and the view is great! It is in walking distance from just about everything. We highly recommend this home away from home!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank JMBandi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very basic and slightly dated rooms but clean and comfortable. The living area and kitchen were massive but the bedrooms were a little on the small side with no air conditioning in the smaller room. Check in desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice pool. Good location with sea views from the upper floors. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Go for floor 3 and above for sea views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan G
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed here twice in the off season and have been pleased with both experiences. The Camelot is a good location, clean, with friendly staff and reasonable rates. For those travelers who are used to the big chain motels, you may find the decor a little dated but I found everything clean and well taken care of. Stayed in one of the ocean view rooms on the 4th floor with kitchenette - both the kitchenette and bathroom appeared to be recently renovated. Had a minor maintenance issue that was taken care of promptly. Check in was quick and the staff friendly. The motel is a quick walk to the shopping area and all those beautiful Victorian homes. The beach and promenade are just steps away. Or take time to enjoy your morning coffee whilst viewing the ocean from the chairs outside your room (since motel is located back from Beach Dr., you do have to view the ocean beyond the light poles of the miniature golf course located in front of motel but hey it's a big ocean so it's easy to see). I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends. So, make a reservation and enjoy wonderful Cape May.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine_3073
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My girlfriend and I went there for a get away weekend. The place was great. When I reserved the room and said what room I wanted, they asked if I wanted an ocean view and that it would be a different room on a higher floor. It worked out great! We were on the 3rd floor with a great view of the ocean. The room was clean and spacious compared to what I was expecting. A Great Trip!!

Room Tip: The higher floors have a great view of the ocean, although they may not be the room you are looking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
New York, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I highly recommend The Camelot Motel. We stayed only one night , last week, and we already feel like family. Immaculate, wonderful location, fabulous ocean views. I will not stay anywhere else
in Cape May after staying here. We wouldn't change a thing. Sherry was so accommodating
and her love for the Camelot shows by her friendly, casual demeanor. I always used to pass
this property when in Cape May staying in a B & B, and always commented on how well maintained it is and I am so glad that we gave it a try. I have already recommended it to
my sons and will continue to spread the word, because this property deserves 5 star rating, the first I've ever given.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PINKY49
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Judi, my wife and I went to the Camelot Hotel for our honeymoon. This was 18 years ago and we both hated it so much we have been going back every Memorial Day weekend and occasionally when we go to the Sherlock Holmes weekend. That 1st weekend was very monumental, it was a honeymoon but when we got home I was going to be operated on for lung cancer.
The hotel itself is not fancy, it is immaculate, it is comfortable and for 5 days a year it is home. As the years progressed so did the luxuries, a microwave, 2 TV's, not one, a clock in the bedroom, a cute little fridge, and all the soap and towels you need. The beds are great, nice and hard for us and the rooms are breezy and inviting. Like I said we hate it every year and every time before we leave w make a reservation for the next year.
Now, let me talk about the people that run it. They are no longer the innkeepers, they are friends. The minute you check in they make you feel like family. Ask for anything and it is done. Just to give you a small idea of what I mean, we were going on a trolley ride and tour and the books that have the coupons to save a little bit of money were all gone. They got the additional coupons for us and then the son rode his bike all over the own to make sure we got them. Did he need to do this, of course not, but he did.
So, if you want a place to go and you will hate year after year after year it is the Camelot Motel in Cape May NJ., your home for a few days a year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Brett S
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel was great find and with a terrific view. Just 300 feet from the main street and the ocean the Camelot was a great find. No loud traffic and a more calm clientele made our stay very relaxing. Nice clean rooms and a great kitchenette well equipped. A clean pool and easy access to all the happening areas of cape may. We had a large group stay at this location and all seemed very pleased with out accommodations. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends