“Absolutely perfect!”
Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Came to Cape May for a loved one graduating from the Coast Guard Training Center. Many hotels in Cape May offer discounts for Coast Guard families but I found this hotel to have a better regular price than many of the other places even with the discounts! It was slightly risky since if I had to change dates for coming to town, I would only get hotel credit instead of my money back. Coming in June, I would be hitting the summer season so I lucked out booking the last available room for that weekend. Thankfully everything worked out perfectly. Our room was on the second floor in the corner (211) and there were three windows! I am a big window person. We had a tiny water view which was cute. Being this was my first time on the East Coast, saying I could see the Atlantic from my window was a big deal. The room was clean, the bathroom was updated and fantastic! We had a great seating area outside our room which was perfect for the evenings. The hotel is within walking distance of pretty much everything. I would definitely book here again if I find myself coming back to Cape May.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank laurellaw
There are newer reviews for Camelot Motel

Reviewed 24 June 2014

There aren't many beach motels that I brag about. In fact, the Camelot is the only one. We've stayed in this motel twice and we will definitely be back! Aside from a convenient location and beach views from our window and balcony, our two-bedroom suite was more than roomy enough for the five of us. All of the rooms were very clean and the mattresses were comfortable. We took advantage of the chairs outside our room and the beautiful Cape May weather to just sit and enjoy the view. I couldn't help but notice how friendly the owners are with their guests -- many who seem to be "frequent flyers" -- having brought their families back to the Camelot year after year. If cleanliness and comfort matter to you, you can bet on the consistency of the Camelot!

Room Tip: Beach views from the third and fourth floors are awesome!
8  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 23 June 2014

just spent 5 days at the camelot motel on a big family vacation. we booked 3 rooms, they were all different- 2 bedroom, 1 bedroom and 1 regular double queen. the rooms look a bit down market but the beds were very comfortable. i even slept a few nights on a a pullout couch and it was great. i've never slept on a more comfortable pull out couch, usually you get the bar in the back. we had kitchens in 2 of our rooms, both were more than adequate for our needs. there are so many places near by to eat, you don't really need to cook.
the location of the motel can't be beat, it's just steps from the beach.
everything looked clean when we checked in. the air conditioning works well.
the kids loved the pool. no complaints at all.

6  Thank l w
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just got home from the Camelot and 6 wonderful days. My cousin, Susan, and I have been going here for years and it's the best. Close to the beach, close to Washington Square and close to great restaurants. Every year we see familiar faces of those who keep coming back because why would you stay anywhere else? The rooms are clean, comfortable and recently renovated. I love it. I think you will, too. Sherry, the owner, and Richard, who takes such good care of the property, deserve special thanks.

5  Thank DJNewJersey
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here numerous times over the past 5 years and plan on staying summer after summer. Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfy beds, and at such an affordable price! The pool and grills are rarely crowded and the view is great! It is in walking distance from just about everything. We highly recommend this home away from home!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank JMBandi
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very basic and slightly dated rooms but clean and comfortable. The living area and kitchen were massive but the bedrooms were a little on the small side with no air conditioning in the smaller room. Check in desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice pool. Good location with sea views from the upper floors. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Go for floor 3 and above for sea views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed here twice in the off season and have been pleased with both experiences. The Camelot is a good location, clean, with friendly staff and reasonable rates. For those travelers who are used to the big chain motels, you may find the decor a little dated but I found everything clean and well taken care of. Stayed in one of the ocean view rooms on the 4th floor with kitchenette - both the kitchenette and bathroom appeared to be recently renovated. Had a minor maintenance issue that was taken care of promptly. Check in was quick and the staff friendly. The motel is a quick walk to the shopping area and all those beautiful Victorian homes. The beach and promenade are just steps away. Or take time to enjoy your morning coffee whilst viewing the ocean from the chairs outside your room (since motel is located back from Beach Dr., you do have to view the ocean beyond the light poles of the miniature golf course located in front of motel but hey it's a big ocean so it's easy to see). I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends. So, make a reservation and enjoy wonderful Cape May.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family