“Best place in Cape May!”
Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We have been going to Cape May for years and have stayed at many different places. The Camelot is, by far, our favorite place. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are updated and always clean. The motel is situated in the perfect location for shopping, entertainment, and dining. Of course, the best part is the view of the beach. We have been staying at the Camelot for over 17 years, and will not go elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Tracy M

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was the first time we stayed here for a week vacation in the summer. We loved it so much we already booked for next year! You can't beat the location, you can park your car and not move it because everything is within walking distance. Everyone here is so friendly, right down to the owner. We were on the 3rd floor and we absolutely loved the view of the ocean everyday and night. Our room was cleaned everyday by Jen who made us feel so comfortable. Definitely plan on coming back as long as we can.

Room Tip: 3rd floor view in summer is blocked a little by trees at the mini golf. Ask for 4th floor if you can...
4  Thank Darlene C
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This is our first stay here at Camelot and we were thrilled with our room & service. We were greeted with a smile in the beautifully color coordinated office with glass tiles n granite. Our room was spotless, updated n was beautifully decorated with colors of sea foam greens n golds n beige. Bathroom was nicest I've seen with granite countertops,spotless tub n shower with a shower curtain u would see in a catalog. The soaps n shampoo were coconut n vanilla scented and the beds were new n so comfortable. The ocean view is gorgeous n the location is primo. You can walk to everything. The attn to detail shows and so does the pride in ownership. My new fav place to stay in Cape May from now on.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Loinka
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our family has been staying here for 10+ years. There are plenty of other places to stay in Cape May, but we love the Camelot: Great location, you can see the ocean from your room (2nd floor and up), and the beach is right across the street. The staff is really accommodating and friendly. The property itself is always being improved. It seems there is something new every year.
Cons: The wifi speed and coverage is not great... put your electronics away and go to the beach!

Room Tip: 4th floor has a great view of the ocean. We always have one family in our party get a large suite wh...
5  Thank Harold P
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here for the first time the last week of June into the 4th of July. We had to change rooms a few times because I booked too late and in order to stay for the full week, we had to move. The front desk and the housekeeper made it a very easy transition. The location of the motel is great. I've stayed in "nicer" places that were way to expensive and now that I've stayed here, I won't go anywhere else. The rooms are clean, people are very nice and I will definitely return. Some of the other places in Cape May are very nice also but as long at it's clean and updated, that's fine with me. I just got off the phone with this motel to see what availability they had for the rest of the summer as I would love to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank donnat220
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were pleased with the location and the view from the 4th floor. The hotel was very clean, beds were comfortable (even the sofa bed). Front desk was very helpful and friendly! Loved the mini kitchen and the fact that it was stocked with place settings for 4 and a few kettles. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat! I also liked the fact that we were within walking distance to a lot of the attractions. We enjoyed watching the sunset out on Beach Drive on the North Side of Cape May. It was a lot less crowded than Sunset Beach.

7  Thank mommartin45
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Not luxurious or fancy, but The hotel is kept up, quiet, clean, and very close to beach. Beds were comfortable. Good size refrigerator in room as well as coffee maker. Don't depend on wi-fi as it was very spotty. While our room was literally steps from the small pool, it was only open 10 to 7,so it's proximity didn't interfere with our quality of stay.It was nice to open the first floor room and literally cross the street to get to the beach. You are able to sit right outside each room and smoke . Luckily My neighbors didn't smoke or I would have found that intolerable as rooms are very close together. I would stay here again with family.

Stayed: July 2014