“Excellent Find!”
Review of Camelot Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Camelot Motel
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Connecticut
“Excellent Find!”
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We stayed at the Camelot for a week and the location was fabulous with ocean views, minature golf right at your doorstep and shops and restaurants within walking distance. Sheri and her staff was wonderful....as she put it, "she had me at hello." She was always in the office if you needed anything and always greeted you with a big warm smile. The rooms were clean, comfortable and very family oriented. We would highly recommend the Camelot....see you soon Sheri!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank CFamily3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We just stayed at the Camelot for the weekend. The location is great - 1/2 block away from the beach and very close to stores and restaurants. We walked everywhere. It was basically just a bed (a very uncomfortable one - they need new mattresses) but for a weekend it was fine. The rooms are very outdated - the bathroom door was broken - but you are not in your room for a long time. The pool is very small but for a weekend this is a fine place to stay. Ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor - they have an elevator - you have a direct view to the ocean from these floors.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank judytravels
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Stayed at Camelot from 8/1-8/3. Fabulous location as it is close to everything - shops, restaurants, arcade, mini golf., beach. We could walk everywhere, although it is not ocean front, if you are on second floor and up you can see the ocean over the trees. The front desk staff was incredibly friendly. The rooms were very basic and very clean. The bathroom was very small. Only one tv in living room, none in bedroom. Beds were extremely uncomfortable - could not sleep the first night, then moved to pull out sofa which was a tad bit more comfortable. The beds were like sleeping on the floor, they are short - a tall person would have feet dangling off of edge. Air conditioning could not keep both rooms cool, only bedroom. Two nights was fine, but could not stay here for a week.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
philadelphia
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Our second stay at the Camelot.
Pluses: The location is excellent. The rooms all have ocean view (best view from 3rd floor). There is a nice (smaller) pool that is always clean. The proprietors are friendly, the rooms are basic, but clean. Free parking. Elevator. Good for families with children.

Minuses: The towels provided were very worn and not very clean (blech). I used my beach towel for showers. I know they use a towel service, perhaps they should use another service. The rooms are basic, but for the price, I do think they could provide at least hairdryers. No toiletries except for soap provided, which I don't mind too much, but is unusual.

But overall, a very good choice, great location, decent price in Cape May. Very near 2 of the bicycle rentals too. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank beezneez123
Yardley, Pa
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I have been coming to the Camelot for years. I love the view overlooking the ocean. My recent trip was a real surprise, all the rooms were remodeled over the winter months and now it makes it even harder to leave. I commend the owner for also starting this new season off with a few changes to the Camelot staff making our stay there "wonderful" ! Without hesitation I would recommend the Camelot to everyone I know and after reading some of these reviews, I would recommend those whom had a bad to terrible experience at the Camelot give it another chance. I guarantee you will never regret it.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ProudAmerican103
Maryland
Reviewed 6 September 2008

Booked the Camelot because the Victorian did not have a 3 night stay open. It was the first time we stayed there. The rooms were not clean. The bathroom door did not shut all the way. I did not sleep for 3 nights because I kept hearing water, or a sound of toilets flushing. We were on the first floor so I don't know how their water system works, but it kept me up. Also the smoke detector was flashing red and green so that was also a disturbance.

I did not like the location. Everywhere we wanted to go was really in the other direction. I like walking in Cape May. When staying at the Victorian we were close to the beach, close to "Uncle Bills", close to Washington Street Mall, closer to everything than The Camelot.

We will be staying at the Victorian in the future, booking well in advance so we can get the nights we would like.

I would like to add that the office person was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank JerseyGrandma
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 September 2008

We booked a 3 night stay at the Camelot Motel for Aug 29 through September 1, 2008 and had a wonderful time. I had read some reviews here at Trip Advisor regarding Cape May hotels so I felt I should write a review from our just completed trip.
There were 6 of us staying on the trip, including my wife's parents, and our daughter and her fiance. The room ( 1 bedroom apartment) was very nice and spacious. There was a small kitchen that is fine for making breakfast or lunch, and I suppose for dinner as well, although we were out and about for dinners. This room slept 6 people very comfortably.
The Camelot Motel is located in a great spot, a short half block to the promenade and beach, and just a few blocks to the Washington Street mall, so they are right at the heart of everything in Cape May. You also have a nice view of the ocean from the balcony and there were plenty of chairs to sit on and relax while enjoying the wonderful weather. The staff was great - very helpful and considerate. The room was very clean and the housecleaning staff did a great job each day as well. The pool and grounds are very nice and well kept. To be honest, we had no complaints about our stay.
Anyone looking for a very nice hotel located in the heart of Cape May, the Camelot comes highly recommended from our family. It was our first stay at the Camelot and it won't be our last as we are already planning our 2009 family trip.
Enjoy......Ed

• Liked — The location of the property and the cost / value for a family of 6 people
  • Disliked — We had no negative experiences at this hotel
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family