“A return trip”
Review of Periwinkle Inn

Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We returned to the Periwinkle for the second year running, selecting it largely because of its location and level of cleanliness and comfort. Once again we were pleased with our choices - the venue itself as well as the room location (second floor, rear end of the property). That the Periwinkle is directly across from the beach - we could see the ocean from our balcony - makes it not only convenient, but very pleasant. The grounds are nicely groomed and colorful, the pool is clean and inviting, and the amenities are standard. The room itself was clean and the beds were comfortable. We will go back, undoubtedly, and likely once again, it will be before the height of the season when spirits are high, and the anticipation of summer puts everyone in a nice mood!

Room Tip: As a couple without children, we prefer an upper (second or third) floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Grace P
PeriwinkleManager, Manager at Periwinkle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Hello Valued Customer,

Thank you for your comments, they do mean a lot to us and we hope to see you again in the near future. We take pride in what we do everyday to make our customers happy. Have a great day!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Staff- unfriendly and unreasonable. Hotel parking lot was half full and they would not allow a second car to park in the lot. We returned from the beach at 5 pm to find our room was still not cleaned! I had to find a cart and take towels to shower. Stayed in the pricey suite with only one mirror in the whole suite. No one could dry their hair or put on make up while others showered.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank KarenK995
PeriwinkleManager, Manager at Periwinkle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Hello Valued Customer,

We do apologize that you were inconvenienced but we only allow one car per unit because other guests will be coming in and they are entitled to a spot as well. The housekeeping staff do have many check outs and make ups daily. They have to make sure everything is done correctly.. We are working on getting the little things for the rooms like the mirrors etc. We had a rough time with companies during renovations that didn't come through for us. We do apologize and maybe you will check us out in the near future,

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed at the Periwinkle a few weeks ago and it was comfortable, clean, and convenient. They did a great remodel job based on suggestions from "Hotel Impossible". New beds and bedding, new carpet, new look overall. Ocean view, can't beat it. Heading back soon for more.

Room Tip: the ocean view is really nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melissa s

Hello Valued Customer,
Thank you for the kind words and acknowledging all the hard work that went into this renovation. We would love to see you again this season and many years to come. We appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

What a great escape, literally walking distance to the beach. When we walked into the lobby, it was clean and the staff was very accommodating. Great room rates, clean rooms with modern furniture, nice refreshing pool, outdoor shower, excellent location, and friendly and helpful staff. They even had a sandbox and play area which the kids loved!

The rooms were very quiet and the beds were really comfortable.

I loved that we could wake up and take a walk right onto the boardwalk and ocean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be coming back again this summer!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica V
PeriwinkleManager, Manager at Periwinkle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Valued Customer,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all your kind words and appreciation for all the work we did this winter. We would love for you to come and see us again. We appreciate your business. Hope to hear from you soon!

Rochelle

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at the Periwinkle Inn with my kids for the last 3 years. I stayed there again this Memorial Weekend. WOW!! They renovated the lobby and all of the rooms. It was absolutely breath taking. When I checked in.. The lobby was Stunning. I could not believe I was at the same place. It felt like I was going to a 5 star hotel! The staff was great.. They were excited and so gracious about my bragging about how beautiful it was. I asked to see the owner to tell her how much I liked it also. She and her daughter came up front and were so thankful for my compliments. Both of them then escorted my family and I to our room to see how I liked the room renovations. The room was absolutely Gorgeous! Everything was completely redone from carpets, to new furniture, brand new bathrooms, kitchen area, flat screen tv's and brand new pillow top beds.. OMG.. The bed was so comfortable!! I booked my summer vacation there in August. A few of my friends with their kids booked the same week I did. I can't wait!! If anyone is looking for a top notch, newly renovated place to stay.. Especially if you have kids! The Periwinkle Inn is the place to go. It's very child friendly and the family who owns this makes everyone feel comfortable and welcome as if you were part of their family!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Panther210
PeriwinkleManager, Front Office Manager at Periwinkle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Ms. Panther,

The Periwinkle Inn is thrilled to hear of your great experience during your last stay with us! We really appreciate your feedback because we really want to make each and every guest feel at home with us! We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I just tried to book 6 rooms for a week in July for a small conference. Says no credit cards during July or some such crap. What hotel doesn't take credit cards these days? I'll tell you - one that doesn't put their customers first. I found another hotel right down the street that was more than happy to take my credit card.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
86  Thank chuckintrenton
PeriwinkleManager, Manager at Periwinkle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Hello Valued Customer,

I'm sorry for your inconvenience. The only time we do not take credit cards is peak season because of the rates being so high. We are only open six months out of the whole year so the credit cards do circulate a large sum of money. We are also a small Inn and do not have the facilities for any type of conference, reception etc. If you come in the beginning of June and after Labor Day you are more then welcome to use a credit card. Hopefully with that in mind you will reconsider and come and stay sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Overall excellent location near the beach, which is always a plus. What potential this place has if only they would bring in management who weren't so distrustful of their guests. I felt like I was staying at my overbearing aunts house. They should call this place the "don't" inn. Definitely don't expect to be able to pay for your room as you would in 99% of the rest of the world as they DO NOT accept credit cards as payment!?!?!? The kind of motels that only deal in cash are usually the kind normal people stay from. Who carries thousands of dollars in cash on your person these days? McDonalds even accepts plastic these days! Someone please do this property a favor and save it from its current owners! Would love to stay there again but thus time without having to buy a briefcase and a handcuff to be able to pay for the room.

• Stayed: July 2012
63  Thank Buckeyefan38

Dear Valued guest,

The Periwinkle Inn appreciates your feedback and are working on issues that bother our customers. You will be happy to know we have renovated each and every room in our hotel, so everything is brand new. We hope you will consider us again!