We stayed exactly one year ago at the Periwinkle. While it was clean and the grounds were very nice, as well as the location near the beach, the beds were hard, pillows flat and the room was very old. But after it appeared on Hotel Impossible, the changes have been very positive. The rooms are immaculate and lovely. Mattress much improved and pillows great. People who stay here are classy. Only problem is that the rates went up exorbitantly from last year, so we cut our stay short. I also learned from a friend who was going to return this summer that she couldn't afford it any longer.
One suggestion is to add a free breakfast in the morning. If you are going to charge these kinds of prices, you need to offer guests breakfast. Nearest bagel place is a few blocks away.
Another suggestion, as addressed on Hotel Impossible, is to allow credit cards. Carrying around hundreds of dollars is not a comforting feeling. The excuse given on the show was that omitting credit cards kept the rates down. But that is not a viable excuse any longer as the rates are now very high.
Also noticed that some guests who stayed had a problem with check in. We did as well. Were told at 2 that our room was not ready until 3, but we learned later that that was not the case. It was ready, but we were not allowed access until 3. Not a very nice policy, especially for return guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Cape May Hotels go the Periwinkle Inn is top of the line! Cape May, NJ is Americas very first seashore resort, and it is the home of the oceanfront Periwinkle Inn Hotel. Cape May is located at mile zero on the Garden State Parkway. The Periwinkle Inn is located on famous Beach Avenue, with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and steps from the white sands of Cape May Beach! All boutique-like rooms offer modern amenities including flat screen TV's, free wi-fi, microwaves, refrigerators and ocean views with private balconies or patios. We have 7 different styles of rooms including 2 room suites. Our Five star outdoor pool is heated and includes free pool/beach towels. We offer new chic designs while giving our guests an unmatched level of service. We care and we do everything to service our guests and provide wonderful vacation memories. Our hotel attracts travelers from all over the world. The Periwinkle Inn has a distinctive waterfront location, and is right where the Cape May promenade starts. We are located in the heart of Cape May City around many restaurants, sightseeing and everything else Cape May's got to offer. With a large heated pool, shuffleboard court, sandbox, BBQ grills surrounded by flowering gardens, we provide an ideal location for your Cape May family vacation. Stay with us, you will call it your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Periwinkle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Periwinkle Hotel Cape May
- Periwinkle Motel Cape May
- Periwinkle Inn Cape May, New Jersey