My sister and I booked the Periwinkle Inn for this Memorial Weekend. The front guest staff was very rude. I was not informed when booking the room that we would be charged an additional charge of $20 per child. I was told every room no matter how large is charged per child. So that was $40 extra per day. They also informed me that I could not check in until after 2 PM (I arrived at noon) - the hotel was empty. The office smelled of smoke and my first room was very small for 4 people. They would only bring 2 towels per day even though we constantly reminded the front desk that we were 4 people in the room. Just 2 pool towels also. We were than told when we requested towels upon our last day that we had a "red flag" next to our room indicating that we using too many towels and may be charged. Ridiculous... The Manager is not accomodating nor friendly. If you have a problem...all she tends to say is "well we have your credit card on file and I can bill you for this anyway." The pool has no lounge chairs by the pool but outside of the pool area which is not very comfortable nor accomodating. The office staff does not know much about the area - when we questioned about the trolly that runs down the street daily - she said "I have no idea". My suggestion: shop around for a nicer more customer service friendly place...you can find it...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Cape May Hotels go the Periwinkle Inn is top of the line! Cape May, NJ is Americas very first seashore resort, and it is the home of the oceanfront Periwinkle Inn Hotel. Cape May is located at mile zero on the Garden State Parkway. The Periwinkle Inn is located on famous Beach Avenue, with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and steps from the white sands of Cape May Beach! All boutique-like rooms offer modern amenities including flat screen TV's, free wi-fi, microwaves, refrigerators and ocean views with private balconies or patios. We have 7 different styles of rooms including 2 room suites. Our Five star outdoor pool is heated and includes free pool/beach towels. We offer new chic designs while giving our guests an unmatched level of service. We care and we do everything to service our guests and provide wonderful vacation memories. Our hotel attracts travelers from all over the world. The Periwinkle Inn has a distinctive waterfront location, and is right where the Cape May promenade starts. We are located in the heart of Cape May City around many restaurants, sightseeing and everything else Cape May's got to offer. With a large heated pool, shuffleboard court, sandbox, BBQ grills surrounded by flowering gardens, we provide an ideal location for your Cape May family vacation. Stay with us, you will call it your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Periwinkle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Periwinkle Hotel Cape May
- Periwinkle Motel Cape May
- Periwinkle Inn Cape May, New Jersey