My husband, 17 year old daughter and I made a last minute decision to head to Cape May (my ALL TIME FAVORITE beach town) for a one day/night spur of the moment adventure. We usually rent a house in Cape May for a whole week, but this year spent our vacation time inland boating/waterskiing with my brother and his family.) Because it was last minute AND high season availability was understandably slim and our hotel choices limited. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I felt clear on the expectations for Periwinkle Inn---they definitely WOULD charge for our extra guest (which they did), and I would not to bother "trying" to upgrade, negiotiate better pricing, room upgrade, etc. We arrived before the appointed check-in time of 3 pm, and the front desk seemed a little frazled, but they were true to their word and called me as soon as our room was ready-- around 1 pm. I was happy to be able get us settled in early (while my husband & daughter enjoyed some beach time.) All in all we LOVED EVERY MINUTE of the afternoon, evening, night, and morning we spent at this PERFECTLY LOCATED, clean, quiet, comfortable Periwinkle Inn. We were very pleased with our overnight here, and would definitely consider it for a future "quick trip" to the every enchanging Cape May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Cape May Hotels go the Periwinkle Inn is top of the line! Cape May, NJ is Americas very first seashore resort, and it is the home of the oceanfront Periwinkle Inn Hotel. Cape May is located at mile zero on the Garden State Parkway. The Periwinkle Inn is located on famous Beach Avenue, with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and steps from the white sands of Cape May Beach! All boutique-like rooms offer modern amenities including flat screen TV's, free wi-fi, microwaves, refrigerators and ocean views with private balconies or patios. We have 7 different styles of rooms including 2 room suites. Our Five star outdoor pool is heated and includes free pool/beach towels. We offer new chic designs while giving our guests an unmatched level of service. We care and we do everything to service our guests and provide wonderful vacation memories. Our hotel attracts travelers from all over the world. The Periwinkle Inn has a distinctive waterfront location, and is right where the Cape May promenade starts. We are located in the heart of Cape May City around many restaurants, sightseeing and everything else Cape May's got to offer. With a large heated pool, shuffleboard court, sandbox, BBQ grills surrounded by flowering gardens, we provide an ideal location for your Cape May family vacation. Stay with us, you will call it your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Periwinkle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Periwinkle Hotel Cape May
- Periwinkle Motel Cape May
- Periwinkle Inn Cape May, New Jersey