Pros - I was pleasantly surprised by how clean this hotel was! From the lobby, to the ground and most importantly, the rooms! The A/C worked great - loved that we could turn it on and off // high or low when we needed to. We only interacted with the front desk staff who were very friendly and helpful. There was also a nice pool and the beach was a stone's throw away. The beach was clean and not crowded. We also saw dolphins swimming in the water :)
The cons - The motel is about a mile from the center of town. It's a nice walk but the Periwinkle seems to be at the end of a long line of motels. Bottom line, I would have liked to stay somewhere a little closer. The room was a bit damp - but it's beach front property, so that can't be helped. I would just pack a candle or a little febreeze.
My biggest gripe is that two days in this MOTEL cost $601. Yes, that right - $300 a night for a motel. I'm not cheap by any means but I didn't feel that I got my money's worth. I'm sure you could argue that it's August in Cape May but all I'm saying is that for the distance and accomodations, I thought the price was too high.
Overall, the motel is great. The price needs to come down a bit for me to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Cape May Hotels go the Periwinkle Inn is top of the line! Cape May, NJ is Americas very first seashore resort, and it is the home of the oceanfront Periwinkle Inn Hotel. Cape May is located at mile zero on the Garden State Parkway. The Periwinkle Inn is located on famous Beach Avenue, with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and steps from the white sands of Cape May Beach! All boutique-like rooms offer modern amenities including flat screen TV's, free wi-fi, microwaves, refrigerators and ocean views with private balconies or patios. We have 7 different styles of rooms including 2 room suites. Our Five star outdoor pool is heated and includes free pool/beach towels. We offer new chic designs while giving our guests an unmatched level of service. We care and we do everything to service our guests and provide wonderful vacation memories. Our hotel attracts travelers from all over the world. The Periwinkle Inn has a distinctive waterfront location, and is right where the Cape May promenade starts. We are located in the heart of Cape May City around many restaurants, sightseeing and everything else Cape May's got to offer. With a large heated pool, shuffleboard court, sandbox, BBQ grills surrounded by flowering gardens, we provide an ideal location for your Cape May family vacation. Stay with us, you will call it your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Periwinkle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Periwinkle Hotel Cape May
- Periwinkle Motel Cape May
- Periwinkle Inn Cape May, New Jersey