“FUN! and Dog Friendly”

Historic Cold Spring Village
Ranked #11 of 60 things to do in Cape May
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic Cold Spring Village (HCSV) is a open air living history museum that invites all visitors to find meaning, pleasure, relevance, and inspiration in the exploration of southern New Jersey's past. It is a nonprofit, educational museum that is open during the spring-summer season. The centerpiece of the museum is a re-created rural Southern New Jersey town of the "home spun era" set on more than 30 acres. The Village will open for the 2018 season June 23rd. We will kick off our special weekend events on June 16th!
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Cold Spring village is a cool pace to go ON a nice afternoon while visiting Cape May, or nearby beach communities. It is a living history ... and the general Store id a unique place to by some really different gifts. And for those who like to travel with their dogs. It is dog friendly, Dogs must be leashed. and are not allowed In all of the buildings but are welcome on the grounds.. and it has lots of shady areas to just sit and relax . As well as very educational and informative about History in Cape May County.

1  Thank STARRYFERRARI

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Was disappointed it wasn't officially opened when we went so wasn't able to tour the buildings but was still able to walk around the grounds.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have elementary children who enjoyed this, as did my wife and I. The live demonstrations were very educational and fun. I think I would have even enjoyed it without kids. We bought a combo pass when we at the Naval Air Station Wildwood Museum to into there and here for a discount.

1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you like Williamsburg, VA, you'll love Cold Spring Village. There is plenty of parking and lots to do while there.

1  Thank LynnA21
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I went there and spent an entire day enjoying the different stories of the village, I particularly enjoyed the old school and the challenges that those first colonists faced in their day to day. The actors were very nice, pleasant and knowledgeable, the store had all kind of different memorabilia and the lady that was there was so much fun, we loved it!
The restaurant served great food, try the chicken pot pie, the service was very friendly, but long, it didn't really matter as we had so many things to talk about!!!
Don't forget to bring your own wine if you are so inclined!