931 Beach Guest House
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$171
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$132
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$249
Official Site
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$260
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$259
Hotel Macomber(Cape May)
US$139
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$253
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$189
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$306
Hotels.com
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$258
Travelocity
All reviewsseashell roombay meadowbeach chairslove beachacross the streetfront porchdiamond roomatlantic roomcovered balconyample towelsplace to staycommon roomplan to return next yearhouse is beautifulfridge and microwavemy husband and iperfect location
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Let me start off by saying I went to Cape May every year as a child and have stayed at many of the B&Bs. 931 Beach Guest House is definitely situated in a great location, right in front of the beach and in walking distance to all of the local attractions. They offered beach chairs and towels as well as toys for the kids to play with, which were all positives. Where 931 fell short in my opinion was the sleeping accommodations for my children and their breakfast. When I rented the room, I was given an image of a lovely Victorian room with an additional pull out couch where my children (a 5 and 6 year old) could comfortably sleep. When I arrived in the room, it seemed toy fit the image, however when I pulled out the couch, I was not happy with what I saw. The mattress was certainly as old as I was, with springs popping out, stains and even a sizable hole in the bottom of the mattress. I laid down to see what it felt like and you could feel EVERY bar from the couch frame digging into your back. Needless to say, my kids slept horribly for the 3 days we were there.

I also didn't think the "Continental Breakfast" lived up to its expectation. The breakfast station was a small chest set up on the second floor with some stale bagels and pre-packaged honey buns.

The inn keeper was away while we were there, so there wasn't anyone to complain to and at the rate we paid, I just that it was a little below standard.

I would recommend this place to couples, as our bed was fine and quite comfortable, but not to someone with children.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Marcela D
BeachAvenue, Manager at 931 Beach Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Marcela,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Let me first address the pull out mattress; that mattress is being replaced. I wish you had called the house's phone number and if it was late, someone would have called you back, I know the Innkeeper would have made every effort to change your room. I am so sorry your kids did not sleep well.

In regards to the breakfast as we are a Guest House and not a Bed and Breakfast we do not have all of the facilities for a more extensive breakfast. But I will defend the bagels, as we go through so many that we have to purchase a fresh supply almost on a daily basis.

I hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The perfect location, clean, rooms are lovely, what can I say? I can't wait to go back! Lisa and Rebecca are wonderful and welcoming.

Some helpful info:
They do have beach chairs available for your use, was pleasantly surprised about that.
No ice available, so pick up a bag if you need ice...there is some available right up the road.
They have beach towels available for your use also, so convenient!

Love this place! We had a great time! Thank you!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Clean, great location, on the trollies route. These are all good things
things we would have liked more of better continental breakfast very limited
and no ice machine that was a real pain had to walk or drive for ice.
3rd floor too many stairs for me. Overall this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello McMare,

Thank you for staying at 931 Beach Avenue and for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

The Continental Breakfast offered has always been simple as we are a Guest House and not a Bed and Breakfast. If we had all of those facilities we would offer more. I apologize that the breakfast did not meet your expectations.

I am glad it appears that you had a good stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our first trip to Cape May and we just adored 931 Beach Guest House. We have a coastal home and love coastal decor which is how the house was decorated...not overly Victorian like others we checked into. Liza was just a doll and made our visit exceptional. Our room was adorable and there were so many nice touches...beach chairs, towels, etc. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia D
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nites and will not stay anywhere else. LiZa is very friendly, professional, and has impeccable taste in decorating. Beach towels were appreciated, and every room is warm and inviting. Very excited for my next visit. Make sure to book online to receive a discount.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo