“Perfect vacation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
931 Beach Guest House
Clifton Park, New York
“Perfect vacation!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My daughter and I spent 4 nights in the Atlantic suite, which is on the third floor of the house, with a magnificent view of the ocean from the nicely sized private balcony. The house is situated right across from the beach, in a very quiet part of town, which suited us perfectly. As far as location goes, I would rate this with 10 stars if I could! The suite was very clean and the beds very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped and there were plenty of clean towels. There were also plenty of beach towels and beach chairs for our use. The only reason I gave an overall 4 stars was that there was no ice and the window shades kept falling out of the brackets when we tried to gently pull them down at night. The fridge freezer needed defrosting so badly that there wasn't even room to put ice cube trays in it. This posed a problem, but the lovely innkeeper Liza delivered baggies of ice cubes to us very willingly when requested. As we chatted with her before leaving, she told us that they will be installing an ice machine before next season. Liza is a delightful woman who goes out of her way to be helpful. Overall, I would certainly recommend 931 Beach to anyone desiring a peaceful vacation with an uncrowded beach directly across the street. Definitely plan to return next summer!!

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and definitely get a room with balcony and ocean view. Worth every penny. One cautio...
Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Nice welcome, clean rooms, very original decoration and great location.
We took combined rooms, which worked perfectly with the 4 of us and our 4 week old daughter. Kitchen with fridge and microwave allowed flexibility.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Kirkville ny
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent 3 nights at 931 beach, and loved every minute of our stay. The staff is just the right amount of hands on and hands off . The location is without a doubt the best spot on the shore. We spent time in Avalon , Stone Harbor and Wildwood and 931 beach and cape may is heads above them all. Catch sunset either on Sunset beach , or at the end of beach dr. Shop at Washington street mall. Best place to eat was The lobster house, well worth the wait. And when you are done , return home to 931 Beach and have a nite cap on the front porch. Great property for a couple or group of 4!!'

• Stayed August 2014
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a wonderful location, a photo stop for almost everyone walking by, and a great way to spent time in Cape May, particularly with a family. We loved the location, our apartment, the welcoming, parking and perks of beach chairs and towels as well as readily available bath towels outside our door! We also appreciated fresh coffee, juice and bagels and sweets in the morning. Liza and Rebecca were welcoming and available, but allowed us to be at 931 Beach and feel like it was our own home for the week. They are a true asset to this house! We enjoyed the front porch, the comfy chairs in the living room with the ocean breeze coming in over our morning coffee! I have rather small suggestions that would accentuate the guest experience, but even so, would not hesitate to stay here again! We would love to have had hand soap and tissues in the bath are necessary. Also, the ice maker in our frig wasn't very cold and we missed having ice for drinks. Finally, there were 4 of us and while there were 3 chairs on the outside balcony, only one was a "sit and relax" kind of chair....and would have liked a 4th. Thank you for requesting feedback. It's a gem of a place.

Room Tip: We chose the Atlantic as it had sleeping for a family of four with a boy and a girl and wanted an ou...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Let me start off by saying I went to Cape May every year as a child and have stayed at many of the B&Bs. 931 Beach Guest House is definitely situated in a great location, right in front of the beach and in walking distance to all of the local attractions. They offered beach chairs and towels as well as toys for the kids to play with, which were all positives. Where 931 fell short in my opinion was the sleeping accommodations for my children and their breakfast. When I rented the room, I was given an image of a lovely Victorian room with an additional pull out couch where my children (a 5 and 6 year old) could comfortably sleep. When I arrived in the room, it seemed toy fit the image, however when I pulled out the couch, I was not happy with what I saw. The mattress was certainly as old as I was, with springs popping out, stains and even a sizable hole in the bottom of the mattress. I laid down to see what it felt like and you could feel EVERY bar from the couch frame digging into your back. Needless to say, my kids slept horribly for the 3 days we were there.

I also didn't think the "Continental Breakfast" lived up to its expectation. The breakfast station was a small chest set up on the second floor with some stale bagels and pre-packaged honey buns.

The inn keeper was away while we were there, so there wasn't anyone to complain to and at the rate we paid, I just that it was a little below standard.

I would recommend this place to couples, as our bed was fine and quite comfortable, but not to someone with children.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Marcela D
BeachAvenue, Manager at 931 Beach Guest House, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Marcela,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Let me first address the pull out mattress; that mattress is being replaced. I wish you had called the house's phone number and if it was late, someone would have called you back, I know the Innkeeper would have made every effort to change your room. I am so sorry your kids did not sleep well.

In regards to the breakfast as we are a Guest House and not a Bed and Breakfast we do not have all of the facilities for a more extensive breakfast. But I will defend the bagels, as we go through so many that we have to purchase a fresh supply almost on a daily basis.

I hope you will give us another try.
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The perfect location, clean, rooms are lovely, what can I say? I can't wait to go back! Lisa and Rebecca are wonderful and welcoming.

Some helpful info:
They do have beach chairs available for your use, was pleasantly surprised about that.
No ice available, so pick up a bag if you need ice...there is some available right up the road.
They have beach towels available for your use also, so convenient!

Love this place! We had a great time! Thank you!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GALWAY, NY
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Clean, great location, on the trollies route. These are all good things
things we would have liked more of better continental breakfast very limited
and no ice machine that was a real pain had to walk or drive for ice.
3rd floor too many stairs for me. Overall this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello McMare,

Thank you for staying at 931 Beach Avenue and for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

The Continental Breakfast offered has always been simple as we are a Guest House and not a Bed and Breakfast. If we had all of those facilities we would offer more. I apologize that the breakfast did not meet your expectations.

I am glad it appears that you had a good stay.