“Absolutely perfect experience every time”
Review of The Bacchus Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Bacchus Inn
Ranked #12 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I came here several years ago and have come back every year since. John's hospitality and outgoing personality really make you feel like you're coming home to your own little beach house get away. The wine and cheese hour always has a great wine and sangria selection, and the food is always well thought out and delicious.

We can't say enough about this place, it really makes you feel a part of the family and is truly relaxing!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tabitha A

Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is an excellent B&B. The building is beautiful with lovely furnishings. The rooms are tastefully decorated. Breakfast was excellent. Location couldn't be better -- just a few minutes to the beach and to the outdoor shopping area.John, the owner, was terrific.

1  Thank sunshine080
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I took my wife here for our anniversary weekend and I can't say a bad thing. My wife has a severe nut allergy so we are always very careful and skeptical when dining out. We spoke to John the inn keeper upon arrival and he assured us that nothing would be prepared with any type of nut during our stay. This made us feel more relaxed. John showed us around the property and to our room. What a great place and an awesome location. It is within walking distance to all including the beach and all the great restaurants Cape May has to offer. The breakfast was excellent as well as the wine and cheese hour. I will without a doubt return here in the future. I also want to add that John is one of the most personal inn keepers I have ever dealt with. Thanks for a great trip.

Room Tip: Had the back room which is a little more secluded almost like your own apartment which has a private...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I had a great stat at the Bacchus Inn. The room was beautiful and very well maintained. The breakfasts each morning were yummy and as were wine and cheese in the afternoon. The innkeeper was helpful in making suggestions and reservations for dinner as well as activities during our stay. We would definitely stay at the inn again.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Bacchus Inn is the place to stay in Cape May. This is our second trip to Cape May and John again made the trip a great one. Starting with a wonderful breakfast that did not repeat for 7 days, the 5:00 wine and cheese where everyone laughs, and then the care that he takes to make sure you get the eating destination you are looking for, it is service and value. We will be back!

Room Tip: It is worth it to choose a room on the second or third floor.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Got lucky when someone cancelled at the last minute and even luckier when I called to grab that room. Very comfortable in the Bordeaux and even more comfortable rocking on the front porch. Barb knows her way around the kitchen and John always looking to make our stay more enjoyable. Bikes, chairs, beach towels made our stay a lot easier. We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My beau and I have stayed here two years in a row in November (the weekend we pull the boat). We liked it so much the first time, we decided to make it an annual event. I am so looking forward to our visit this November (for which I have yet to call and reserve a room). The manager is so attentive, friendly, and sweet. I love the wine and cheese set out every afternoon - so decadent and a delightful opportunity to relax before heading off for dinner. In November, the little electric fireplace in the enclosed sun porch is on, making the little porch so cozy. We've stayed in two different rooms, both clean with comfortable beds, (one had an electric fireplace, which was so fabulous) and subtle Victorian decor touches. What I like about the atmosphere here is that they don't go overboard with the Victorian-ness...I've stayed in places that make you want to keep your eyes shut for the amount of Victorian chachkis and wallpaper and decoration....the Bacchus has the dark tones and heavy wood of a classic Victorian, but keeps the decor reins tastefully in hand. The breakfasts are plentiful, timely, and delicious. And finally, we always enjoy meeting and chatting with our fellow guests over coffee and breakfast - a fun way to end our season in Cape May. I recommend the Bacchus in any season, without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you get cold like I do, ask for a room with an electric fireplace, especially in colder weather!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple