“We'll be back....”
Review of The Bacchus Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Bacchus Inn
Ranked #12 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We've been going to Cape May for quite a few years and this was our first time at the Bacchus Inn. We'll be back again though because it's everything you'd want in a B&B. The bedroom was comfortable, had a tv and dvd player, and just enough space. The bathroom was a little small, but not cramped, and had a shower stall with lots of spouts and options of water sprays. Our room was listed as a deluxe, and offered on site parking, but not all rooms had that included. They offered a hearty breakfast, and a daily wine and cheese gathering. This would be a perfect B&B for first-time B&B guests.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2009

We celebrated our 10 year Anniversary at The Bacchus Inn. Our room was perfect.....clean, spacious, gorgeous furnishings and a private bath. Lisa and John are the Innkeepers who make you feel so at home. Our breakfast was delicious and beautifully presented. It is very easy to understand why most of the guests are repeat guests. We will be also.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2009

My wife and I enjoyed our stay so much we added an extra day. I truly believe that says it all.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Staying at The Bacchus Inn is a summer tradition for me and my husband now. We come several times throughout the summer for various occasions and can’t say enough good things about it. The Innkeepers know us by name and have a warm welcome for all of their guests. Throughout the years, we have brought almost everyone from our family to visit here as well because we enjoy it so much, and they all share our opinion at the end of the stay. The incredible breakfasts, inviting atmosphere, relaxing rocking chairs on the porch, and even the outdoor shower for cleaning up before the ride home keep us coming back.

One of the best things is the variety of rooms that they offer. When we are having a special weekend, they have the more expensive, fancier rooms. When we just want a little weekend getaway on a budget, they have smaller less expensive rooms as well. As can be expected, the smaller rooms aren’t as fancy and sometimes the bathroom is not inside the room and can be a bit small, but our experience is just as enjoyable (especially with a little more money still left in our pocket!) It’s amazing the ingenuity used in converting a Victorian mansion into a B&B. We have stayed at other places in Cape May and found them either overpriced without the number of amenities offered here, or just stuffy and not the type of place I would want to spend a relaxing, casual weekend at the beach. The Bacchus Inn is the perfect blend of comfort, casual elegance, and fun.

Reviewed 4 August 2009

My husband and I just spent a long weekend in Cape May without the kids. Having never been there, we had to rely solely on sites like Tripadvisor and customer reviews to choose an Inn. I'm SO GLAD we chose The Bacchus Inn! The Inn was comfortable, warm and inviting. The breakfasts were INCREDIBLE, and we very much enjoyed the company of the inn keepers during the wine/cheese hour. Our room was beautiful. The folks at The Bacchus Inn provide an experience that is refined but not at all stuffy - I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed 23 July 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at the Bacchus inn for the second time, our first time was in April, so this are first time in the summer season. We have stayed at other inns in Cape May and now we have become devoted fans of the Bacchus. Virtually everything about the inn was terrific in our opinion, the location, the amenities, the breakfast, the room, and the ambiance of the inn itself, but most of all we enjoyed the wine and cheese time and the opportunity to meet guests and relax on the front porch. We met a lot of nice people and the wine and cheese time facilitates this. Most importantly, I cannot say enough about the hospitality of John and Lisa. I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and I have rarely found such attention to the comfort of their guests and an overall feeling of welcome. John and Lisa make a great team and complement each other superbly. I wuld give the highest marks to their attentiveness and consideration and look forward to our future visits at the Bacchus.

Reviewed 20 July 2009

We had a great stay in lovely Cape May with some friends recently, and the Bacchus was friendly and had a nice casual air to it. Teh location is decent, you will need to park off street and it is a very short walk to the central shopping and historic area and short walk to beach. There are better locations for sure, but this one is good if you can find decent availability and pricing.

I will have to agree with a prior poster that suggested this was not a "luxury" inn. We had one of the nicer rooms, our friends had a standard room (not because funds but because of availability). Our room was adequate, nothing special though and their room (which we peaked in) I would have check out of right away! The bathroom was claustraphobic, stepped down from the bedroom and looked like an out-house stall. Our room had added amenities and was completely fine for a few days at the beach, but don't expect anything elaborate or on the luxury side. I also noticed the rooms could use much better dusting, could be cleaner.

Breakfast was nice and the Inn has a billiards room for a game or two before heading to dinner.

Lovely stay but I'd try another Inn next time. Heard the same comments from those in our group.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends