“Would Not Recommend”
Review of Tisha's

Tisha's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tisha's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jackson
Description: In the Spring of 1988 on the corner of Pacific and Spencer in Wildwood New Jersey, Letitia Negro opened a ten table restaurant known for "Home Cooking". The $9.95 three course price fix menu featured family favorites and "Made from the heart" cuisine. The food, like its Restaurant School graduate chef/owner, was genuine, unique and unforgettable. The end of Tisha's Home Cooking came early in the 1990's, but in turn became the beginning of Tisha's Fine Dining in Cape May. In 1995, Paul Negro, son of Letitia, and his wife Jennifer continued the tradition here in Cape May. Paul took what he learned from his mother, added his own talent and love for food, and established a great following. Some things have changed in the city and the restaurant has now moved from the solarium building on the beach to its new home on the Washington Street Mall. No matter where they are Paul and Jennifer will proudly continue the tradition of love and passion for food and people in honor of Tisha, an amazing friend, mother and chef.
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I went to this restaurant during restaurant week but was not really interested in a 3 course meal and ordered off the regular menu. Reservations were unavailable until 7:30 p.m. and when we arrived, the hostess recommended their backside outdoor seating. It was a nice night conducive to al fresco dining so this seemed acceptable. Little did we know that it was going to take 1 1/2 hours for our meal to arrive (we were not the only ones who had to wait a long time for their meal as we heard others say it took two hours for their meal to arrive . . . some decided to play cards while waiting!) in which time darkness had taken over along with mosquitos who were also very hungry. No citronella candles were available and we had to ask to be reseated indoors . . . which thankfully only took 5 minutes to obtain. Once indoors in this highly rated restaurant, a waitress asked to climb a chair at our table to adjust the air conditioning . . . not what you'd expect in a fine restaurant. Also this is a BYOB establishment and the wine we brought had a screw off top which the waitress refused to pour for us and for which an ice bucket was neither offered (which other customers had)! The food was good but not superior (I had shrimp, clams and scallops--the scallops were not as tasty as fresh should be). Then as we were dining on our meal, waitresses were stripping tables around us preparing for the next morning's crowd. I would neither go back nor recommend.

There are newer reviews for Tisha's

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Tisha's is in the Washington Street walking mall. It is BYO which increases your price to value.
The food is excellent for the most part with some very creative preparations. The service is excellent. For appetizers my wife had the fried oysters with a spicy mayonnaise and I had their award winning clam chowder, both very good. My wife had the shrimp & salmon entrée with the Thai sauce which was outstanding. I has the filet mignon Alexandria which was $41 and not worth the money; it was only so, so; I would not recommended that dish, there are so many other wonderful entrees to choose from. Our desserts were also excellent. Dinner for two before tip was $128.
We both agreed that we would return.

1  Thank Ed M
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The menu had a variety of seafoods. We had a lobster mac n cheese appetizer. Very cheesy. A bit small on the lobster. Our BBQ shrimp appetizer was a special that eve. It was very good with 6 large tender shrimp, not too heavy on the bBQ. Very good. The house salads were a mixed greens with shredded carrots 3 tomatoes and a vingarette dressing. Good. We were served 2 small sesame topped square rolls. toasted with a olive oil dressing. excellent. although portions were small and we were not offered more. My entrée was a special halibut served a top mashed potatoes and green beans. It was a very generous portion, tender large flakes of juicy fish. Excellent. My friend had a crab cake and shrimp entrée that was cooked in a light breading, very flavorful Our server was quite pleasant young lady named Lilly who offered answers and suggestions to all of our tourist questions so sweetly. A note of caution..We were offered a choice of inside or outside dining. There was a front patio and then also a back patio. We chose inside because it was a bit warm outside. It was quite warm inside. We should have gone outside for the warm breeze. It was quite warm, I removed my one layer and was still perspiring as was my companion. We had made 6pm reservations and was glad we had as he dining room seemed to fill up quickly. We were able to bring our favorite wine but if you like you may order from the wine list from the local winery. Our bill for 2 was $110.00 without tip.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We went on Memorial Day, and had an early reservation. Got the best deuce right by the front window. We had seafood risotto and crab cake and pepper shrimp. Both yummy. Not a morsel left. The shrimp and crab cake are served over mashed potatoes. The crab cake is all succulent meat. The service was superb.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had an excellent meal at Tisha's this Memorial Day weekend. We were able to get a reservation the same day which was lucky because it is not a big place. We brought a bottle of wine with us. The service was excellent. I don't think you could go wrong with any dishes that they serve. The Seafood Risotto was fantastic! I highly recommend it.