“What we expected”

Ranked #6 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Cape May
Price range: US$12 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Carriage House Cafe & Tearoom is open for lunch and afternoon tea and features traditional four course tea lunch as well as a la carte items. Seating inside the 1876 Carriage House and on the patio under the tent. Open April through October. The Carriage House Cafe & Tearoom is accessible and offers a children's menu. It is available for private parties and events.
Brookville, Pennsylvania
“What we expected”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

It was lovely. My fiance wanted a tea experience and it was very nice. The service was pretty good, and the atmosphere was nice. I thought the finger food items (high tea) were tasty - especially the cucumber and cream cheese finger sandwich (who knew). Odd thing was the only thing pretentious were the two old ladies who sat nearby and complained about nearly everything. It was more entertaining for us than anything.
**note we shared the afternoon tea service and the total bill was $16 and some change. I consider this very affordable for the experience.

Cape May, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Experience”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I recently took a colleague to lunch at the Carriage House Café and Tearoom and what a wonderful meal we had. We were seated near the beautiful little garden, which was well-maintained and added a peaceful feeling to the restaurant. Our waitperson, Molly, was delightful, taking our order efficiently and answering any questions we had. She brought us our beverages and lunch was quickly served. I highly recommend that if you are in Cape May, don't miss lunch at the Café and Tearoom on the Physick Estate.

• Visited August 2013
Seaville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best choice”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I always enjoy the food, service and atmosphere at the Carriage House Cafe & Tearoom. It has an intimate setting and is a great place to eat. I always love the desserts that are offered.
I highly recommend it.

1 Thank Shirley W
beemainia
“Pretentious and Uninviting”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very difficult to enjoy eating even a light lunch on the tiny table we were seated at. Menu is very limited... you had better like tea or lemonade - no spirits are served... We actually left, there was not anything that made us want to drop pretty hefty prices for this restaurant.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank beemainia
Midlothian, Virginia
“AWESOME indoor/outdoor tearoom/cafe”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Met family for lunch and sis & I had the afternoon tea, tea sandwiches were not my fav the veggie one had almost no hummus... the chocolate flourless cake was fabulous, I wish the scone had been warm; clotted cream was yummy......the iced black currant tea amazing