“NOT one of Cape May's best places to have lunch by far”

The Carriage House Cafe & Tearoom
Ranked #76 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$12 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Carriage House Cafe & Tearoom is open for lunch and afternoon tea and features traditional four course tea lunch as well as a la carte items. Seating inside the 1876 Carriage House and on the patio under the tent. Open April through October. The Carriage House Cafe & Tearoom is accessible and offers a children's menu. It is available for private parties and events.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our family spends a lot of time in Cape May. We love restaurants that you can eat outside. So this Cafe has been on our to do list for a long time. While the view and atmosphere are good the food was just horrible. First the menu is very limited. Other then a few salads and some raps there isn't much to offer. We ended up getting a salad and then getting some pizza on the mall. I wouldn't go back. The place looks more set up for afternoon tea then lunch.

4  Thank Cape_May_Family

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had a "tea party" with 3 friends and found the location, service, and food to be outstanding. They even had elaborately decorated hats available to wear. The food was impeccable, beginning with the breads, clotted cream, and strawberry preserves, then a salad or soup, to the 5 finger sandwich variety, ending with a selection of desserts and a pot of tea. We were not rushed at all and had a wonderful time interacting with the staff. The value for the variety and quantity of food was excellent. I would highly recommend this Tea Room for a light lunch or afternoon faire.

2  Thank JoAnn B
Reviewed 26 October 2013

It was lovely. My fiance wanted a tea experience and it was very nice. The service was pretty good, and the atmosphere was nice. I thought the finger food items (high tea) were tasty - especially the cucumber and cream cheese finger sandwich (who knew). Odd thing was the only thing pretentious were the two old ladies who sat nearby and complained about nearly everything. It was more entertaining for us than anything.
**note we shared the afternoon tea service and the total bill was $16 and some change. I consider this very affordable for the experience.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I recently took a colleague to lunch at the Carriage House Café and Tearoom and what a wonderful meal we had. We were seated near the beautiful little garden, which was well-maintained and added a peaceful feeling to the restaurant. Our waitperson, Molly, was delightful, taking our order efficiently and answering any questions we had. She brought us our beverages and lunch was quickly served. I highly recommend that if you are in Cape May, don't miss lunch at the Café and Tearoom on the Physick Estate.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I always enjoy the food, service and atmosphere at the Carriage House Cafe & Tearoom. It has an intimate setting and is a great place to eat. I always love the desserts that are offered.
I highly recommend it.