“Mean cocktail waitress”
Review of Ebbitt Room

Ebbitt Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Ebbitt Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carpenter's & Beach Drive
Description: Dine at Cape May’s Favorite Seaside Restaurant - Rediscover the newly renovated and re-imagined the Ebbitt Room restaurant located in the heart of the historic district in Cape May. Executive Chef Anthony Micari hones a Farm-to-Table, Farm-to-Glass philosophy featuring the freshest ingredients from our very own Beach Plum Farm. Be delighted by a dining experience where artisanal cocktails, farm-fresh classic American cuisine and a sophisticated, yet casual vibe create the perfect setting for a new Cape May tradition.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The restaurant food is excellent but the waitress in the bar area needs to learn how to treat customers! We experienced her rudeness not only once but twice!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Every time I go to cape may I must have at least one dinner here. Food, drinks, atmosphere all first class. Piano player is awesome on Saturday nights and staff is awesome as well.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I took my partner to the Ebbitt Room as we have always wanted to try it as we have heard many good things about it.

The Ebbitt Room is located in the Virginia Hotel, just off the Washington Street Mall on a quiet street.

We started out at the bar and we were immediately treated like a friend by the bartender who has been there for many years. Our drinks were professional prepared and served to us and he chatted with us until our table was ready.

The receptionist was very friendly and offered us a choice of table in the dining room. The Ebbitt Room is a warm and inviting restaurant, but it is a little cramped. Our server was friendly, but he seemed to forget about us and we sat for extended periods of time waiting for our courses.

The menu selections were limited and normally I don't have any problems finding something I like, but I struggled with this menu.

The food was good, but not great and I would be willing to give it another try. I think my expectations may have been a little too high based on reviews by others. Prices seemed high for what we got. We like the Washington Inn better.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stopped in on a Tuesday to see what all of the hype was about. We were not disappointed. Although the piano music is only from Thursday to Sunday, we took a seat at the bar and had Dom expertly prepare a Basil Lemon drop Martini for me and a bourbon for my husband. Excellent! Then we went to the table and had Lobster Caesar Salad, Pork Chop and Barramundi which is a sea bass. All were done to perfection-the only comment I can make for improvement is the waiter's accent. When he was informing us of the specials, we didn't understand a word he said. I think I heard Grouper with Coconut but who can say? Go anyway and treat yourself.

1  Thank Reanie8
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I wanted a quiet and relaxing bite to eat so we made a quick reservation on open table and in 30 min. We were seated. The meals were the perfect size and the service was great. Helen, the bartender was super cute and friendly and good at her drinks! My husband and I had a great time. We will return soon!