“Fantastic !!!”
Review of Ebbitt Room

Ebbitt Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Ebbitt Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carpenter's & Beach Drive
Description: Dine at Cape May’s Favorite Seaside Restaurant - Rediscover the newly renovated and re-imagined the Ebbitt Room restaurant located in the heart of the historic district in Cape May. Executive Chef Anthony Micari hones a Farm-to-Table, Farm-to-Glass philosophy featuring the freshest ingredients from our very own Beach Plum Farm. Be delighted by a dining experience where artisanal cocktails, farm-fresh classic American cuisine and a sophisticated, yet casual vibe create the perfect setting for a new Cape May tradition.
“Fantastic !!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is a real classy place. Great food, wonderful service and a relaxing and romanic atmosphere.
Great for couples but went there with a large party (reserved the back room) and a great time!
I highly recommend !

1 Thank BobbyNfromWF

Cape May, New Jersey
“Mean cocktail waitress”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The restaurant food is excellent but the waitress in the bar area needs to learn how to treat customers! We experienced her rudeness not only once but twice!

• Visited August 2014
Milltown, New Jersey
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Every time I go to cape may I must have at least one dinner here. Food, drinks, atmosphere all first class. Piano player is awesome on Saturday nights and staff is awesome as well.

• Visited December 2013
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyed the bar more than the restaurant”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I took my partner to the Ebbitt Room as we have always wanted to try it as we have heard many good things about it.

The Ebbitt Room is located in the Virginia Hotel, just off the Washington Street Mall on a quiet street.

We started out at the bar and we were immediately treated like a friend by the bartender who has been there for many years. Our drinks were professional prepared and served to us and he chatted with us until our table was ready.

The receptionist was very friendly and offered us a choice of table in the dining room. The Ebbitt Room is a warm and inviting restaurant, but it is a little cramped. Our server was friendly, but he seemed to forget about us and we sat for extended periods of time waiting for our courses.

The menu selections were limited and normally I don't have any problems finding something I like, but I struggled with this menu.

The food was good, but not great and I would be willing to give it another try. I think my expectations may have been a little too high based on reviews by others. Prices seemed high for what we got. We like the Washington Inn better.

• Visited July 2014
Philadelphia, pa
“Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stopped in on a Tuesday to see what all of the hype was about. We were not disappointed. Although the piano music is only from Thursday to Sunday, we took a seat at the bar and had Dom expertly prepare a Basil Lemon drop Martini for me and a bourbon for my husband. Excellent! Then we went to the table and had Lobster Caesar Salad, Pork Chop and Barramundi which is a sea bass. All were done to perfection-the only comment I can make for improvement is the waiter's accent. When he was informing us of the specials, we didn't understand a word he said. I think I heard Grouper with Coconut but who can say? Go anyway and treat yourself.

• Visited July 2014