“Annual vacation visit”
Review of Washington Inn

Washington Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Washington Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: We are currently open every day of the week, reservations beginning at 5 PM. Our Wine Bar opens at 4:30 PM. Our hours are seasonal. Please see our website for details.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

One of our traditions on our annual Jersey Shore vacation is to dine at the Washington Inn. We have done so for many years and are always delighted with the atmosphere and wonderful cuisine. Service here is always excellent and Darren, our server, did not disappoint. Our entrees were superb, as always. We had organic steak, filet mignon, and salmon entrees (wonderful).
The grilled shrimp appetizer was especially delicious. The currant sorbet was a perfect ending to a perfect evening. Highly recommend to all who wish to have a top-notch dining experience.

There are newer reviews for Washington Inn

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I had dinner at The Washington Inn while staying a weekend in Cape May.
The setting is lovely, the service excellent and our meals (for the most part) were delicious.
I had the filet mignon, while my husband had the pork chop.
The food was prepared perfectly and the vegetables served with our meals were fresh.
My only minor complaint was the soup I ordered. It was a white bean with fennel. While I could tell the igredients were fresh it was rather bland.
Other than that...our dining experience was wonderful.
The Washington Inn is rather expensive but if you want a delicious meal in a beautiful seeting and great service...this is the place.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We make it a point to always have at least one night set aside to attend the Washington Inn. This is a more dressy experience (for us at least.) The setting is a wonderful building with separate areas that give a sense of intimacy in some of them. On this evening, the three of us each ordered our favorites, mine was the filet and my wife's was sea bass. The meals were, as usual for this place, excellent. I also would recommend the shrimp and lobster bisque. it is my favorite item on the menu.
Valet parking makes getting in and out very easy.
Some may consider this a bit expensive but, here, you get what you pay for. That, to me, makes this one of my favorite restaurants.
Class is an adjective I would readily use to describe the Washington Inn.

1  Thank TJKJR
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We loved the gorgeous setting in the old Inn!
Gourmet meal..great setting!
We loved sitting on the porch!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a wonderful meal here - in fact went back again. The food is made to perfection and the service is excellent. Loved the figs. Loved the duck. Beautiful setting, worth the price.