“So disappointing!”
Review of Washington Inn

Washington Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Washington Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jefferson
Description: We are currently open every day of the week, reservations beginning at 5 PM. Our Wine Bar opens at 4:30 PM. Our hours are seasonal. Please see our website for details.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We've been cerebrating our anniversary at the Washington Inn for the last 10 years and have always loved it and so looked forward to a wonderful dining experience. Last night ended it all - I had the salmon which was mushy and served over broccoli rabe and whipped potatoes all drowned in a very sweet raspberry sauce?? It was really a matter of flavors that just don't go together . My husband had the swordfish which was also served over broccoli rabe and raw potatoes. The fish was ok but nothing special and of course the raw potatoes just topped everything off. Of course this was not the servers fault but a whole plate of cooked potatoes was given to us when we were paying the bill. They have gotten too popular for their own good in a town full of fantastic restaurants - just my opinion

2  Thank sha8524

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have had the pleasure of eating at the Washington Inn four times over the past 24 years. The food is always excellent, but on this most recent visit I felt as if the atmosphere of this fine restaurant had changed. We were greeted by a young, casually dressed woman, and, after a brief wait in the crowded bar area, we were seated in the front room to the right of the entrance. I couldn't help but be distracted by the constant stream of servers and patrons streaming through this room, witnessing several near collisions of servers who must come through this dining room to deliver food to the The Wine Bar patrons. My previous meals at this fine restaurant were much quieter and more romantic, but not this time. The food was excellent as always, but I will most definitely request a quieter table on my next visit. Notable food: the oysters Rockefeller, the bisque, the rack of lamb, and the chocolate tower.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Never have to worry about the food or the service at the Washington Inn. The food is always spot on and the service just perfect. The Grilled Shrimp with Guacamole was so refreshing, but also had a kick to it. The Lobster Bisque was rich and flavorful as always. The Roast Duck in a Blackberry Sauce was spectacular. Our waiter Rodger was right on point from the first that we sat down until we left. His knowledge of the menu was impressive and his recommendations for wine was just perfect. Great job once again Washington inn.

1  Thank james l
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Valet parked, visited for a Tuesday night dinner and arrived 15 minutes early. We were given the option of seating or a bar visit. We chose the bar. My wife had a peach Martini made with a real peach, she enjoyed it. I had an old fashioned which was great. For dinner I had the Sicilian swordfish which was excellent. My wife had the filet which she enjoyed. Great service and great food. Pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We go once per year while we are on our Wildwood vacation. Grandma and Grandpa take the kids and we enjoy an adult dinner for two. Every year it is excellent. We go to the bar early and get a drink before our reservation time. I would recommend this as it is staffed by two very professional bartenders that know how to mix a drink.

The meal is always well cooked, well seasoned and well paced. The service is "Vacation Professional". Not too stuffy, but not too laid back. All the servers great you with a smile, have a friendly attitude, able and willing to make recommendations, and make you feel as you are an important guest.

Dinner for two will usually run about $125 for two before tip, but that includes appetizer, 2 glasses of wine each, entree and a shared dessert. So not bad for great meal. You can take children (don't know if they have a kids menu) and we do see young children there. However, I would recommend no younger than age 12.

Make a reservation for a special night, stoll off the dinner and wine buzz around Cape May, taking in the gentle breezes. You won't be disappointed.