“Celebration”

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$30 - US$65
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Peter Shields Inn quality cuisine bursts with freshness and creativity. The Peter Shields offers a la carte dining along with a four course chef’s tasting menu. Also expect to find weekly menu additions that incorporate fresh and innovative ingredients. The magnificent ocean views are the perfect scenery to celebrate a special occasion or simply enjoy a memorable dining experience. In the summer months, outdoor dining is available on porches overlooking the ocean. The Inn also specializes in both casual & elegant ocean front weddings. For the absolute finest local and seasonal fare, Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is a favorite of residents and visitors to Cape May alike. Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Terrific menu and wait staff. Very attentive & helpful w selections. Great portions, Nice pace even though they were terribly busy. Had a memorable birthday & hope to be back for more (especially for the fois gras!)

1  Thank Spalombo

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is my second review of PSI since earlier this year when we went there for Valentine's Day. That dinner was exceptional, and I'm happy to report, nothing has changed.

We went there two nights ago with another couple; for them their first time. They were as delighted as we were with the outstanding, food, service and ambiance.

Even simple dishes like the garden salad were beautifully presented and delicious. I had the butter poached shrimp with gnocchi and fiddle head ferns and the salmon, with coconut foam, jasmine rice, and shitake mushrooms. Both dishes were sublime. The salmon had a salted crust that brought the fish to a new level. The coconut foam was delicious with the rice and the mushrooms. A truly heavenly combination!

Don't skip desert even if you feel like you can't eat another bite. My friend had the deconstructed lemon bar with granola and the presentation was pleasantly surprising and delicious. I had the pineapple bread pudding which was absolutely divine. We each got desert, which was perfect as no one wanted to share.

The service was very professional, attentive and never intrusive. We had Dottie, who was wonderful.

Bottom line, I'm happy to report that since my last review around 6 months ago, absolutely nothing has changed. Perfection continues to reign at the PSI!

1  Thank Cape_May_Local99
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This is one of the highest rated restaurants in Cape May and it lives up to the reviews. You will spend some money but it is on par in cost with many other higher end local restaurants but this one is one of the best. My wife had halibut and my daughter had salmon. Both excellent and nice thick pieces. I had the scallops which were excellent but there were only 4 and I was still a little hungry. I had the lump crabmeat appetizer which was excellent. Others at the table had the summer corn soup also excellent. I was very happy and will return but wished they gave me a 5th scallop :)

2  Thank Mitchell S
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We enjoyed the early seating menu on a Wednesday evening. The food was excellent and the service very attentive. There was live piano music played and we overlooked a beautiful beach/oceanfront view. This is a great special occasion restaurant. I highly recommend it.
Just remember, this is a B.Y.O.B. Remember to bring your favorite bottle of wine. If not, they sell bottles of local wine to enjoy with your meal.

1  Thank Jackodoodle
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My friend took me here a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday nite after we arrived from our drive.
We originally were going to eat inside, (which by the way is quite refined) but the covered patio that overlooks the ocean was more inviting to me with the summer nite and the summer evening breeze. And I was right!!! It was very quiet, the service was excellent, and we were not rushed. (BTW, in Cape May, it is great that you can bring your own wine to a lot of these places). I chose to have the foie gras as my entree instead of as an appetizer. It was rich and good. I would have it again. My friend had the snapper special and felt it was a little overdone. We would go back and bring our men if we go again. (Always love that romance!!!) I would go for a special occasion and dress up with your cha cha shoes.